Ride Report; Moab on Motos, March 1st - 3rd

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Cliffhanger did not leave us wanting. Now, who took pics?

Uploading now, will post shortly!

I have to say, this ride was in the Top 3 rides I've been on. Great group of guys, awesome attitudes despite a few problems, very challenging trails and everyone riding to the best of their ability... and not a single complaint when the going got rough. I will ride with any of you, anytime! Thanks for making is a fun trip guys!

I know there will be some videos coming eventually, but we'll start a Ride Report thread and if you got some video or pics, add them here! I have some video from the first 2 days, will probably take some time before I can edit & upload them.

Greg

Admin
Pics from the Sovereign Trail and Salt Wash on Saturday...

P1010016-X2.jpg

P1010017-XL.jpg

P1010015-XL.jpg

P1010019-XL.jpg

P1010021-XL.jpg

P1010026-XL.jpg

P1010031-XL.jpg

P1010027-XL.jpg

P1010028-XL.jpg

P1010029-XL.jpg

Greg

Admin
Pics from Cliffhanger on Sunday... it was pretty intense, a lot of challenges for motos. We all made it thru, but not without trouble.

P1010033-XL.jpg

P1010036-XL.jpg

P1010038-X2.jpg

P1010042-X2.jpg

P1010043-XL.jpg

P1010044-XL.jpg

Stratton making friends with his front fender!

P1010045-XL.jpg

P1010051-XL.jpg

Greg

Admin
More Cliffhanger....

P1010047-XL.jpg

P1010052-XL.jpg

P1010053-XL.jpg

P1010055-XL.jpg

P1010056-XL.jpg

P1010058-XL.jpg

P1010065-X2.jpg

P1010063-XL.jpg

P1010067-X2.jpg

P1010070-XL.jpg

P1010071-XL.jpg

P1010073-X2.jpg

Screwing around in the parking lot after Cliffhanger... probably some of the best fun of the trip!

P1010074-XL.jpg

Video of Tonkaman climbing a big rock, with a sketchy backside!

[video]http://greg-catherine.smugmug.com/gallery/28267317_725JFJ#!i=2391437386&k=csRqHHf[/video]

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Looks like a good time, wish I could have made it. But i'm strapped for vacation days. Glad you guys had a good time, with no injuries reported?

Greg

Admin
Looks like a good time, wish I could have made it. But i'm strapped for vacation days. Glad you guys had a good time, with no injuries reported?

Some minor blood drawn from a few people, I have some pretty good bruises on my leg from my wreck... Kurt got a pretty bad raspberry after a close encounter with the rocks... his thumb bleed pretty good.

Bike carnage included a couple tubes, some shift, brake & transmission levers, my GoPro lens cover, a cracked engine case on Tonkaman's CRF... I think that was it?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
100% rad trip. Right up there with my favorites too. I was really challenged and realistically pushed it far beyond my comfort level on multiple occasions. That said, I wouldn't have had it any other way and despite being worked over a few (like 20) times on the rocks, it was some of the best technical riding I could ask for. That makes all the tight stuff up AF seem like a cinch.

GAR

Uploading now, will post shortly!

I have to say, this ride was in the Top 3 rides I've been on. Great group of guys, awesome attitudes despite a few problems, very challenging trails and everyone riding to the best of their ability... and not a single complaint when the going got rough. I will ride with any of you, anytime! Thanks for making is a fun trip guys!

I agree 100%! It was great to meet all you guys. Thanks for letting me tag along. I can't wait for our next ride!
Here are a few shots from Saturday.

L1030275.jpg L1030276.jpg L1030281.jpg L1030282.jpg L1030283.jpg

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Were you guys riding along Potash Rd in the later afternoon on Sat? I was coming off the Corona Arch trail when I saw a bunch of motos and I said, "I wonder if that's the RME guys?"

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Were you guys riding along Potash Rd in the later afternoon on Sat? I was coming off the Corona Arch trail when I saw a bunch of motos and I said, "I wonder if that's the RME guys?"

Nada, we were on the Sovereign and Salt Wash single track trails north of Moab on Saturday and Cliffhanger today.

00harpdawg

I agree with Kurt one of the best rides I've ever done just about everything we did I woulda said heck no but watching you guys do it helped me push my limits farther and helped me out. Next time I'm doing lower gearing and hand guards. Couldn't of asked for better weather and a better group of people to be with. Big thanks to Stratton for having all the spare parts we needed haha

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Wow, cliff hanger looks really narly for the bikes! Sorry I missed it. Any body up for round 2??
I'll get some video up soon from fri-sat. I also couldn't agree more to the great riders and great company of this trip. Very very fun.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Finally home and showered.

What an epic trip: 7 trails, 3 days, 9 hand blisters (on me), 7 broken bikeike things, 1 flat, 1 ticket, at least 4 worn out tires, 1 shotgun, 1 broken & repaired KTM, 1 invincible 2 smoke, multiple sunburns, 8 tired and smiling riders.

Tonkaman

Finally home and showered.

What an epic trip: 7 trails, 3 days, 9 hand blisters (on me), 7 broken bikeike things, 1 flat, 1 ticket, at least 4 worn out tires, 1 shotgun, 1 broken & repaired KTM, 1 invincible 2 smoke, multiple sunburns, 8 tired and smiling riders.

I couldn't have said it any better. I don't think the trip could have been any better