Riding above Glade Park, CO into UT towards the La Sals

Paul R

Man you about have me looking to move to fruita I am jealous of all the time you get to spend exploring down there!
Great pics for both trips :)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Man you about have me looking to move to fruita I am jealous of all the time you get to spend exploring down there!
Great pics for both trips :)

I love living here, the local area has a ton of outdoor exploring to do & there's all kinds of different stuff just a couple hours away. :cool:

Looks like a great day! This is my favorite time of year to run Onion Creek. It's so beautiful up there! I can never go to the top though and not be insanely jealous of the Taylor family. I would LOVE to live on that ranch!

Greg

Admin
Looks like a great day! This is my favorite time of year to run Onion Creek. It's so beautiful up there! I can never go to the top though and not be insanely jealous of the Taylor family. I would LOVE to live on that ranch!

No kidding, that valley & ranch is amazing. Wonder if they'd adopt me... :guilty:

Greg

Admin
Another motorcycle ride yesterday, this one was pretty big. Here's a teaser-

321803631_rGjZC-L.jpg

Check it out!-

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357382

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Nice Greg! I am leaving on the chopper tomorrow for a 10 day round trip from St George through Park City to Jackson into Montana and back.... Cant wait! I have not spent many hours on the CRF this year sadly...

Nice pics Greg! I can't believe those are Blackberry quality pics. Anywho, we ran that same trip a couple of years ago in the Jeeps. LOTS of mud once you get down in the lower elevation of the trip. That "river" you thought about crossing is not much more than a fast moving stream to the 4 wheel variety of vehicle.:rofl:
Just before you get down to the end of that trip...(if memory serves me, it's around the Dewey Bridge, or what's left of it), you have to cross the Dolores River. I don't recommend doing this during Spring runoff!:eek: We drove this route to go down to Fisher Towers and I want to say it was September when we did it and the water was still up to the bottom of our doors in the low spots. I'll get the pics from our trip and post a few up this weekend.

Greg

Admin
Nice ride :greg:

It was a very soul-satisfying ride... now to prepare for an even bigger one! I want to do a 2-3 day ride in the same area, head up to Crested Butte, over to Aspen, mabey more.

Nice Greg! I am leaving on the chopper tomorrow for a 10 day round trip from St George through Park City to Jackson into Montana and back.... Cant wait! I have not spent many hours on the CRF this year sadly...

Sounds fun, I'd love to do something like that, perhaps a run up into Canada. Be safe!

Nice pics Greg! I can't believe those are Blackberry quality pics. Anywho, we ran that same trip a couple of years ago in the Jeeps. LOTS of mud once you get down in the lower elevation of the trip. That "river" you thought about crossing is not much more than a fast moving stream to the 4 wheel variety of vehicle.:rofl:
Just before you get down to the end of that trip...(if memory serves me, it's around the Dewey Bridge, or what's left of it), you have to cross the Dolores River. I don't recommend doing this during Spring runoff!:eek: We drove this route to go down to Fisher Towers and I want to say it was September when we did it and the water was still up to the bottom of our doors in the low spots. I'll get the pics from our trip and post a few up this weekend.

Good info Tracy! I really want to get back out there again, but not until it cools down. I'd love to work my way over to Moab, then connect down to Gateway. I've heard you have to ford the Delores, been wanting to do that since I heard about it. I'm sure it's still quite high, wonder how that would be on the motorcycle. :busted: Water crossings are fun!