Right Hand Drive JK

Omgbecki

Does anyone have one of these or know someone who does? Just picked it up last week and it already has death wobble. Looked under it and found that the nut on the steering stabilizer was practically off and the drag link ball joints are so week I can literally move the whole thing up and down with 1 finger. Since technically I bought it for my fiance I told her I could either raise hell st the dealership, replace with factory parts or upgrade. I personally don't trust the dealership idea and she's in favor of the upgrade part. Long story I know. So I'm asking if anyone knows where I can find steering parts for this jeep. My limited search hasn't shown much but I know there has to be a company somewhere. Thanks.

Bart

I have seen a few parts for them online, and they are somewhat common as mail delivery vehicles, so I'm guessing you could find steering parts. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Omgbecki

I have seen a few parts for them online, and they are somewhat common as mail delivery vehicles, so I'm guessing you could find steering parts. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Exactly why I got it. My lady does a rural route in garland and she was told if they could get another vehicle, since they only have 1, that they would make her a permanent postal worker. She loves the job and has never been happier so my search began. Long story short she know has a 08 RHD jeep and a permanent position. Since the ball joints are weak I was thinking about just upgrading the drag link

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'd get some Teraflex HD ball joints in there asap. The drag link is relatively cheap, as many people use the the RHD drag link to flip it over on their LHD JK.

Omgbecki

So I got the death wobble figured out. Now I need to pick your brains again. This jeep is a ex meter vehicle. They drilled holes in the top for lights and such. I need to fill them to stop getting droplets on the inside. I was thinking of either using silicone or using bolts along with rubber washers. What do you think?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
So my cop car just had silicone to fill the holes from lights. You can just overdo it and then use a razor blade to clean it up if you like. I'm not a fan.

I would personally get a flush sheet metal plug (rubber) and then silicone it in. You can buy them online or go search through the "help" section at autozone.

Omgbecki

Alright. Bringing the JK back. What are some good seat covers that won't break the bank? My experience with them are most are really cheap and don't really stand up to a lot of in and out

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Alright. Bringing the JK back. What are some good seat covers that won't break the bank? My experience with them are most are really cheap and don't really stand up to a lot of in and out

I don't know that they're cheap, but Bartact makes some amazing seat covers for 4x4's. I have a friend running them in his JKU and he loves them.

Omgbecki

I don't really expect cheap. Can't have cheap and good. I guess I should have said a more bang for your buck type deal. A lot of things out there you pay for the name.

J-mobzz

These seat covers are by far the best bang for the buck I’ve ever seen. Fit is perfect on every vehicle I’ve used them in (4 different vehicles) and they are very affordable. They take about 3 weeks to get. You buy the gift card from Walmart they email you a code and a link then you follow the link and place an order.

Omgbecki

You guys have been great. Since this is my ladies jeep I just keep looking for more things to make her job easier. Since I got laid off I go with her on Saturdays and listen to her needs.

J-mobzz

Moda and coverking are the same. When you buy the moda from Walmart you order them from the coverking website. Coverking direct just offers way more color and material types but the $99 Walmart moda ones are a really good bang for the buck IMO for a seat cover.

Omgbecki

Teraflex has a bunch of RHD stuff available due to the demand in the overseas markets, such as Australia. Joe Thompson is the international guy, and would be able to answer most RHD questions.

Yeah. Thanks. I actually ordered a track bar from you guys. Talked to someone in the chat. They were beyond helpful and patient with my questions. Reminded me of why I went with them building my TJ. I'm saving up to get the rest of the steering upgraded. I believe I mentioned earlier I got this jeep for my fiance because she does a mail route up in garland. No big plans for the jeep just want her to be comfortable and safe while driving dirt roads at a decent speed.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
being comfortable when you're behind the wheel for extended periods of time is critical. I know we usually deal with wheeling stuff, but daily driver road manners are more important in some cases.

Omgbecki

being comfortable when you're behind the wheel for extended periods of time is critical. I know we usually deal with wheeling stuff, but daily driver road manners are more important in some cases.

For sure. My initial plan is HD steering and ball joints. May be overkill for a JK on stock size tires but since I only see the jeep once a week i want stuff i won't have to worry about since we live in Washington terrace it would take me a long time to rescue her if anything happened. Since you are here, any direction towards a more comfortable ride on dirt? Shocks and such? I plan on asking the company chat but you have some of the context of what's needed since you are here.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Not sure what you’ve got on there now, but anything will be an improvement over stock. One thing you could do that would really soften up the ride is to put a 2door shocks on a 4 door Jeep; its kinda got a 'comfy couch' feel to it