For Sale Rigidco XJ bumper and slider jigs and materials

Krawler

Asking Price
$700.00
Condition
New
Hey guys,

I used to be huge into the Jeep scene. It’s been a little while and I’ve allowed work and other excuses to consume my time. However, I’ve stayed true to me jeep roots and still own and heavily use my Jeeps.

About 12 years ago I put all rigidco bumpers and sliders on my XJ. I became good friends with Terry, the man behind rigidco 4x4 bumpers. A year or two back I called him seeking a few spare parts. He informed me that he had suffered a stroke and was no longer able to make parts. We talked for a while and I ended up making a deal with him to acquire all of his bumper and slider building jigs and precut steel as well as one complete front winch bumper. I had hopes of starting a side project to build XJ bumpers... that never happened.

I’m getting ready to move and I know I won’t ever have time to actually build any bumpers. I want to see this stuff land in the hands of someone who will use it.

Long story short, I’m asking $700 for all the jigs, raw materials and the complete front winch bumper. This is a great deal... basically the price of the front bumper, but I want someone in the community to get this stuff. Terry put his heart and soul into creating these jigs, I hope someone is interested.

As you can tell I'm not active on this forum. I’ll try to check often but the best way to contact me is by email: jordon_schaefer@hotmail.com or text 801-88five-9two59

Thanks!

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Loved Terry's bumpers. I swore by them when I had my XJ. I was actually wondering what had happened to him after I got out of the XJ game. I wish I had the resources to take this stuff and make the product well known and great again.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
What really needs to be done is the line needs to be updated to include other models like the ZJ and the WJ. I know with a few mods the front bumpers fit early model ZJ's with the shorter grill. He always had orders and toward the end I was hearing about it taking a long time to get product out. He used to make changes if you asked. I requested the wings at the end be shorter since I had the axle pushed forward a good bit. He used to supply all mounting hardware some awesome brackets to tie everything in, great bumpers.

Krawler... Didn't he have a son that used to help him while he wasn't in college?

Attachments

• Recoverd_jpg_file(1230).jpg
    Recoverd_jpg_file(1230).jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Recoverd_jpg_file(1231).jpg
    Recoverd_jpg_file(1231).jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Recoverd_jpg_file(1232).jpg
    Recoverd_jpg_file(1232).jpg
    240 KB · Views: 23
  • Recoverd_jpg_file(1233).jpg
    Recoverd_jpg_file(1233).jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Recoverd_jpg_file(1234).jpg
    Recoverd_jpg_file(1234).jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Recoverd_jpg_file(1235).jpg
    Recoverd_jpg_file(1235).jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Recoverd_jpg_file(1236).jpg
    Recoverd_jpg_file(1236).jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Recoverd_jpg_file(1239).jpg
    Recoverd_jpg_file(1239).jpg
    189 KB · Views: 23
  • Recoverd_jpg_file(1243).jpg
    Recoverd_jpg_file(1243).jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 22

Tebbsjeep

Those are my favorite xj tire carriers. I was quite bummed out when I read he wasn't building them anymore. If anyone does pick up the business I'd like to make an order.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Are there CAD files for the pieces of the bumpers? I'd also like to see the jigs and how they work. I'm interested, and will drag Carl down with me whether he wants to or not!
Thanks.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
His jig was basically a reverse mold of the bumper with quick clamps all around it. He would have the plate precut slap them into the jig flip the clamps over and weld away. When I was having my bumper made I went to his home to pick it up and looked over it all. Really simple setup.