Central Utah RME August Trail Run; Hanging Tree Trail

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
For the August RME Trail Run, lets go to Hanging Tree trail in Ephraim, Saturday August 17th!

I've never ran the trail before, so it would be nice to have someone that knows the trail along with us.

• This will be a challenging rock crawling trip, expect possible trail damage!
  • Vehicles will be required to have at least 35's, 2 lockers, body protection and recovery points. Recovery gear and a winch are recommended.
  • Let's meet at 8 AM, unload and roll out by 8:30 AM!
  • Group Size... 10 or less would be best. If you want to come, please speak up so we can have an accurate count.

Here is the meeting location! - https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...3d9a9b399ff81!8m2!3d39.3933517!4d-111.6747867

And directions from the Maverik gas station in town- https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mav...a504064b6!2m2!1d-111.5875058!2d39.3611156!1m0

Here's some information about Hanging Tree Trail - https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/hanging-tree-trail.114936/

Attendees;

1- @Herzog

2- @Mouse

3- @LJTim (TBD)

4- [USER=20200]@Early Bronco Jones

5- @kmboren

6- @stockblock

7- @crapmanche4l

8- @grant426

Last edited:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
For the August RME Trail Run, lets go ti Hanging Tree trail in Ephraim, Saturday August 17th!

I really, really want to attend this trip... but I don't yet know if I can make it work. Can you pencil me in for now?

How does it compare to Moab trails?

I've never seen Pritchett, but Hanging Tree is easily harder than every other EJS trail. It is also harder than the Rubicon. To date, HTT remains the hardest trail I have ever wheeled. I would consider my TJ (35s, dual lockers, winch, lots of body armor all around) to be the bare minimum hardware for the trail. FYI

shortstraw8

I rode along with my brother on this trail years ago, it defeated two pretty decent rigs. One ripped steering box off frame, can't remember the other but it was limped out so probably shafts or something. My brother had a long arm TJ on 35s front 44 rear 8" with ARBs, and a winch, it did well. Wish I had a capable rig, I would love to go on this one again. Fun and challenging, be prepared for a long day.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
That happens to be my 4 day weekend so I will be down for a hanging tree trip. It's been a few years since I have done it.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I'm super interested and need to get my TJ out. Just need to have a spot to park the tow rig. I've never been so I'll need GPS coord, or map.

RockChucker

That saturday is open for me. Put me down. It's a fun trail! Last time I did it, we got caught in a mega rain storm. Made a mess of everything. I agree with Greg's 10 rig limit. That is a big group for that trail.

Bart

I told myself that when I got the JK this trail is off the list. As much as I like HTT I think it lends itself better to shorter wheel base vehicles. You guys have a blast.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Yeah, still working on the details. We have plenty of time, just want to be sure on our options.

Have you tried calling the security folks at the college yet? I don't mind calling and mentioning our plans to see if they can handle some tow rigs and trailers. Just thinking we could find out if this is still a parking option.