RME Build Party!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Our good friend and long time RME member Dan P ( @Johnny Quest ) has a Rad ZJ build that he's been working on for quite awhile now, but he's getting burned out and needs a hand. We've been chatting about an RME Build Party and I think it's time we make it happen. He needs some assistance, motivation and a push from his friends to get that ZJ ready for the Delta Classic Rock Crawl on Memorial Day.

Dan has a list of items that need to get knocked out, it would be awesome to get a handful of guys that are capable of assisting the build and willing to get this project on the trail.

When? Hopefully a weekend soon! Dan, figure it out! I'll pitch in $100 from RME for pizza to keep the crew from going hungry. If I can make it up, I'll join in too.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Our good friend and long time RME member Dan P ( @Johnny Quest ) has a Rad ZJ build that he's been working on for quite awhile now, but he's getting burned out and needs a hand. We've been chatting about an RME Build Party and I think it's time we make it happen. He needs some assistance, motivation and a push from his friends to get that ZJ ready for the Delta Classic Rock Crawl on Memorial Day.

Dan has a list of items that need to get knocked out, it would be awesome to get a handful of guys that are capable of assisting the build and willing to get this project on the trail.

When? Hopefully a weekend soon! Dan, figure it out! I'll pitch in $100 from RME for pizza to keep the crew from going hungry. If I can make it up, I'll join in too.
He needs several of these guilt parties, to be honest. We need to help him, but also PILE the guilt on him. 😃

str8axleguy

I don’t have lots of skills but am mechanical, done a couple engine swaps and plenty of suspension work. I could possibly come help depending on date and time, I work for union pacific and on the road every other weekend.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
@Greg- thank you!

Any help would be so incredibly appreciated. It’s been a long, slow build as everything has been a spare time and spare change kind of thing. Someone with the right tools and a bag of cocaine could probably get it done in a weekend, but with 2 little ones (3rd on the way), and a wife that works most weekends, it leaves little time for the “extra” stuff.

I’ll try to nail down a date, along with a better to-do list. I dont have many tools, so some things may be difficult, but I do have a good welder, which we will need to cross a few items off the list. Right now though, this is what I’ve got: (the stars mean I need to order parts)
DF2F29C6-B650-4D63-A9BC-659E10EF8CD3.png

Last edited:

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Just posted up a ZJ Update; starting to make some headway. Parts are being ordered, other parts are being installed. For those that are interested. I'm thinking that a Saturday a few weeks from now might be best as far as time line.

Things I'm hoping to get done before the build party:
-knuckles and ball joints
-tie rod
-drag link
-trackbar
-front locker
-install front axle shafts
-modify and install drivelines
-bigger MC/bleed brakes

Things I'm hoping to get done at the build party thrash fest are:
-2x6 sliders
-roll bar/rollcage/b-pillar hope thingy
-rear locker (OEM Ford eLocker)
-hydro assist (tap stock box, run lines to PSC ram.)
-cut floor for rear upper arm clearance
-odds and ends

Measuring shocks, bump stops, and figuring out the exhaust will probably have to happen after that. Let me know if you're thinking about coming, and what you'd be interested in working on. I don't have a ton of tools; basically, enough for me to work in the garage on my own. So if you've got some easy to transport power tools (angle grinders, sawzalls, etc) those would be helpful.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I doubt I'll be able to make it but the offer to borrow my bender and hitch mount is still on the table. Unless of course somebody with a hydro bender steps up then you'll want to do that lol