RME December Trip; Snow Run!

pkrfctr

I've got 2 routes in mind:

1 - Lake mountain, just west of Utah Lake.
2 - A bit further south, stage on the road to Little Moab, then take the back road to the Elberta Tunnel, then continue west through some more of the Tintic mining and train track remains, circle to the west side of Pinyon Peak, head north all the way to Chimney Rock Pass to head back to the staging area.

It looks like snow for at least 24 hours tomorrow in that area, but I have no idea how thick it will be. I'm game to give it a shot for this Saturday.
no snow down here.....

JonasB

Did anything get planned here? Maybe something the weekend after new years? Hoping to explore some areas around SLC with folks who are familiar with the area.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Did anything get planned here? Maybe something the weekend after new years? Hoping to explore some areas around SLC with folks who are familiar with the area.

No plans at this point, just need someone to put something together and make it happen.

JonasB

@jedi I don't know much about the place, but I've heard Capitol Reef is a good one to see. Does anyone know if there are any trails worth going up? We should have plenty of snow at least...