RME December Trip; Snow Run!

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I don't anymore, only because I don't have clearance for them anymore. Chains in snow are un-freaking-believable though. All four chained and both ends locked is like some sort of unstoppable force.

- DAA
I bought chains for my LC but haven't used them yet. I had the chance last weekend but didn't need them, I was able to go where I wanted without them.

Reactions: DAA

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Depending on what happens with the storm that is suppose to come in Saturday, My family what's to take me wheeling for my B Day this saturday. Daughter is a newbie so I might run up rattle and drive around 5 mile. I drive a green JL, honk or say hi if you see us :cool:

LJTim

I've got 2 routes in mind:

1 - Lake mountain, just west of Utah Lake.
2 - A bit further south, stage on the road to Little Moab, then take the back road to the Elberta Tunnel, then continue west through some more of the Tintic mining and train track remains, circle to the west side of Pinyon Peak, head north all the way to Chimney Rock Pass to head back to the staging area.

It looks like snow for at least 24 hours tomorrow in that area, but I have no idea how thick it will be. I'm game to give it a shot for this Saturday.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

2 - A bit further south, stage on the road to Little Moab, then take the back road to the Elberta Tunnel, then continue west through some more of the Tintic mining and train track remains, circle to the west side of Pinyon Peak, head north all the way to Chimney Rock Pass to head back to the staging area.

It looks like snow for at least 24 hours tomorrow in that area, but I have no idea how thick it will be. I'm game to give it a shot for this Saturday.

Either of those options sound pretty good, IMO!

LJTim

It looks like the KSL vortex is not predicting much snow in that area. I just don't want it to be a mud fest. Somewhere up closer to Payson or Spanish fork might be more ideal, but I don't know any trails in that area.