RME Dual Sport ride, Kokopelli trail

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
my brother has an 05 crf450x im looking for a crf450x after taking his for a ride the other night ill probly have one by the end of the week just need to start looking for a street legal kit as soon as i know what year im going to get

Being a past owner of a Honda 4 Stroke, make sure you know the maintenance history of it. If the titanium valves have been shimmed, they are going to be junk in a very short period of time. The stock Honda valves will last for about 1300 miles.

When it is time, replace them with stainless steel valves from Kibble White. You will get over 3,000 miles.

74highboy

the valves and cams have allready been replaced in the last couple months but ill still check everything out before i take it out for a long ride

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Ok, this is NEXT WEEKEND!! Who is for sure in?

I realize the traveling from Loma and getting trucks and camping gear to Moab may be a downer for most, so how about just meeting in Moab and doing some rides from town? We could do part of the Kokopelli, but I wouldn't want to ride up Rose Garden.

Suggestions? I just want to ride.... :greg:

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I just ordered a 4.3 gallon tank and my rear lights. I'm ordering the rest of the lighting setup tomorrow. If by some miracle I can get everything together during the next week (and close on my house, and move) I'm totally in. Don't hold your breath...

Jared

Greg

Admin
I just ordered a 4.3 gallon tank and my rear lights. I'm ordering the rest of the lighting setup tomorrow. If by some miracle I can get everything together during the next week (and close on my house, and move) I'm totally in. Don't hold your breath...

Jared

:cool:

Greg

Admin
Alright, since nobody has committed to making this ride I'm calling it off. Unless someone is planning on riding the Koko this weekend, I'm going to make different plans. Speak up if you're planning on this!

I'm probably going to head down the Koko into Moab and explore somewhere... TBD. :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Have you done the White Rim? I think I'm going to try it in a couple of weeks.

I would love to do the WRT on my bike. I'm a bit worried about my fuel range but I think with Greg's supertanker along for the ride we could always do a mid-ride refuel :D

I know its a ways out but what about an RME WRT DS ride during EJS10? Maybe Saturday or Sunday? All bikes would need to be plated and those with fuel concerns will have to figure out the logistics? We could leave Moab, cruise past Potash, start the White Rim there, do the loop clockwise and then come back to Moab via Long Canyon or back down the Shafer Trail into town. Bikes would need a 150 mile range to be on the safe side.

Greg, really wish I could do Koko with you, its another on my bike hitlist. I've got that first aid class this weekend otherwise I'd be loading up now!

Greg

Admin
Have you done the White Rim? I think I'm going to try it in a couple of weeks.

I haven't yet, but it's on my list. I could do it this weekend, but I'd be solo and thats a big place out there. If you'd like company when you do it, let me know. I'd be game.

I would love to do the WRT on my bike. I'm a bit worried about my fuel range but I think with Greg's supertanker along for the ride we could always do a mid-ride refuel :D

I know its a ways out but what about an RME WRT DS ride during EJS10? Maybe Saturday or Sunday? All bikes would need to be plated and those with fuel concerns will have to figure out the logistics? We could leave Moab, cruise past Potash, start the White Rim there, do the loop clockwise and then come back to Moab via Long Canyon or back down the Shafer Trail into town. Bikes would need a 150 mile range to be on the safe side.

Greg, really wish I could do Koko with you, its another on my bike hitlist. I've got that first aid class this weekend otherwise I'd be loading up now!

Yep, I think we could work something out! I get around 400 miles before hitting reserve, so I should have plenty. Just have to figure out the easiest way to transfer fuel.

I'd be all for a EJS '10 WRT Trip! It would be a long day and I understand there are a few technical spots, but it seems to be a great ride.

No worries on missing the Koko this time around, there will be other chances! I don't mind that this didn't work out, riding from CO to UT tosses some wrenches in the gears. It could be ridden the other way, but I'd insist on bypassing Rose Garden... smaller bikes could make it up, but I think I'd have a hell of a time getting my pig up the hill.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Turns out the wife scheduled help to move us in this Saturday, so I'd be officially out anyway. None of my new dual-sport bike stuff has showed up either.

Give me a few more weeks and I'll be ready for a good ride with a bike that's ready too!

Jared

OldGeezer

I'm trying to get the second week of October off. Maybe we can go then.

400 miles, that'd be nice. I start looking for gas at 100 miles. I've done 140 miles without hitting reserve but that was paved roads. I'd expect dirt roads to be less.