RME dual sport ride

Corban_White

We talked about it last fall so how about it!?? I was thinking 9 AM on Saturday the 27th? The route I propose would be up AF canyon, over pole line pass, back to the alpine loop via cascade springs, down Provo canyon to squaw peak road then over the mountains to hobble creek canyon then home.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...44,-111.516724&spn=0.459473,0.878906&t=h&z=10

Who is in? Is that too long for anyone? Too long for your fuel tank? Too much speed for your bike? (Provo canyon). I'm open to suggestions-this was just a close, almost loop ride with a good mix of on and off road with some nice curves and fast roads. Post up if you can make it and what you ride (along with any suggestions you may have).

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Great! You still ridin the KLR? How you likin it?

It's been a fun bike. The suspension is... less than stellar :-\ I would like to ride it for the summer then get a wr250r, but there is no way I'll have that kind of $ this winter :rofl: I think I'll just be rattle canning it, and keeping it for a few years :) edit: And rebuilding it due to the blue smoke :(

The ride looks fun, I've never been on the full squaw peak road. If we need to adjust dates for others, that's fine

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
HA! 2 weeks is pleanty of time to get one!! :greg::greg:

I really want one, but $$$ is tight. I just went back to working for Union Pacific and I don't know that I'm quite ready to buy a 'toy'. :ugh:

... Greg, you come up, I will provide you the bike(WR450). PM me if interested.

I really appreciate the offer, but I don't know that I'd feel comfortable riding someone else's motorcycle.

Corban_White

Bump! Commin up in a few days. Who is in? Me, Benjy, rholbrook did your schedule work out? I know there are more DS riders on here, what's keeping you? The weather is awesome and getting better every day. I'll be there even if I have to go solo. :D:D

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Wow I really wish I could come with you guy's but I'm limited to offroad only :(

'05 Honda XR650L... I'm still up in the air about a XR650L or a XR650R. Have to decide which is the better for the riding I like to do.

XR650R all the way! The L is really dated imo... If your looking for one my brother has an 04ish R with the street legal kit and a ton of extra's including a desert tank that he would sell for cheap.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Bump! Commin up in a few days. Who is in? Me, Benjy, rholbrook did your schedule work out? I know there are more DS riders on here, what's keeping you? The weather is awesome and getting better every day. I'll be there even if I have to go solo. :D:D

As long as I can get my bike back together before Saturday I'm still in :ugh:

I was up AF canyon last weekend in the muck, and now have some kinks to work out... the rear suspension is apart, and I'm working on the rear brake

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Something to be said for the long lasting, low maintenance of the L, Put then there is also something to be said for the power of the R.

Yep, the L has the e-start and simplicity of being air cooled, but a weak sub-frame that will break if overloaded. And the R, water cooled, decent weight considering what it is and big power, but no e-start. :-\

I wish Honda made a XR650R with e-start and a 6 speed transmission.... I'd be ALL over that!

XR650R all the way! The L is really dated imo... If your looking for one my brother has an 04ish R with the street legal kit and a ton of extra's including a desert tank that he would sell for cheap.

I'm interested! Any idea of miles? What shape it is in? How big is the tank? How much $$$? I might need pics... :greg:

I've been eyeballing this one, HELL of a deal for all the extras- http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473772

Corban_White

As long as I can get my bike back together before Saturday I'm still in :ugh:

I was up AF canyon last weekend in the muck, and now have some kinks to work out... the rear suspension is apart, and I'm working on the rear brake

LMK if you need a hand, I have fridays off and am free in the evening tomorow.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
LMK if you need a hand, I have fridays off and am free in the evening tomorow.

:cool: At this point I'm just waiting for a chain breaker I ordered, and it should be here Friday. My rear brake was acting up, but I think that's just b/c it was fully submerged (drum brake). I pulled it apart and everything looks good, so I should probably be able to make it.