Central Utah RME Fall Colors Tour 2018, end of September?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We tried to do this last year and it didn't happen for me, as planned.... I'd like to see it happen this year for sure.

So every year we've done a Fall Colors Tour that has been just my wife and I. I think it's time to make an RME Fall Colors Tour in Utah, where all members are invited! I'm thinking late September, depending on what the colors are doing. Exact location TBD, I was thinking somewhere around Strawberry Res and perhaps over to Skyline Drive? Any other suggestions on the location?

Hopefully we can put together a 3 day weekend (Fri, Sat & Sunday) trip somewhere in the mountains, that would offer amazing Fall colors. I would plan on camping along the way. I would expect mild dirt road driving, nothing too challenging... just fun, scenic roads.

Who would be interested in something like this?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I was just thinking of this thread as I'm driving through Big Cottonwood, colors are changing pretty good 7500 and above already

94E7D029-FBF5-44F5-92A6-52BB9016382B.jpegA6064CEE-30C4-4F6E-9D11-B75CAEFDA80B.jpeg66C7A87A-C478-4670-8EE7-0D4EE7F27E19.jpeg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
The fires along Skyline may have altered the viewing this year. I haven't see all of the damage, but there is a great deal of damage from Strawberry south from several fires in the area.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The biggest thing here will be the date, NPLD is Sept. 29th and it seems like Fall Colors are changing fast! So I believe the best options are next weekend (Sept 21-23) or the first weekend in October (Oct 5-7).

I should have started this thread a month ago for planning! :grimacing:

Were the fires on Skyline Drive further North? I know there was a fire up around Soldier Summit.....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Most of the fires in the Skyline area have been north of Fairview, so you should be able to get to any part of Skyline Drive from Fairview and south of there. Highway 89 from Thistle junction south to Birdseye may still be closed next weekend due to the Pole Creek fire.