Trip Report RME January "Snow" Run at Black Rock Canyon

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We had 10 rigs show up in Lehi, rolled out at 8:45 AM and hit Black Rock Canyon by 10 AM. The road was snow-packed and frozen, there were a few challenging places where we were sliding around, but not much more than 4" of snow. Not much of a 'snow wheelin' trip! The trail it pretty tight with the brush, rocks and a decent bit of elevation.

After making it over the mountain, we did some cosscountry travel with @scoutabout (Steve J) leading the way in his diesel 80-Series Land Cruiser. We found to the Elberta train tunnel and explored it for awhile, then worked our way over towards Little Moab, bushwacking on lightly used ATV trails. When we finally make it to Chimney Rock Road, leading to Little Moab, we got yelled at by a Rancher for trespassing. We had opened and closed a gate, but I didn't see the sign. After apologizing, he let of us off because we obviously weren't locals... X-D I with my Colorado plates and Steve with his Australia plates.

The group split up at that point with some heading for home, while a few of us stayed in the dirt ( @ChestonScout, Bob and myself) and went back to 5 Mile Pass. We ran Rattlesnake, then went to Waynes World to watch some fun. Ran into Kelly Smith, Robby & the crew, they put on a good show and it was nice to catch up!

Cheston & I headed back down Rattlesnake, aired up tires and hit the road. The best part for me was hanging out with old friends and making new ones!

i-QW3pcV8-L.jpg

i-wZBz2bf-L.jpg

i-cPXD834-L.jpg

i-pFw6hXS-L.jpg

i-b5tsqPt-L.jpg

i-wWpS9BD-L.jpg

i-C6tR7v9-L.jpg

i-V3xgmT4-L.jpg

i-BP29kMK-L.jpg

i-xvdt5Gr-L.jpg

i-23XvJpx-L.jpg

i-LRRzf8z-L.jpg

i-nSvqWG2-L.jpg

i-ZJP54mL-L.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Days like today was the whole reason I bought the Jeep. Really good time!

It is a little different for me actually having to drive tho. Hahaha.

Jeep needs rear steer

:) Glad you & the family made it out, Cheston! It was nice to see your JKU in person finally, it's a neat rig!

Sounds like a blast, wish I could have made it.

Next time, Bart! You have that new engine running yet?

Looks like a great trip!

It was fun, the lack of snow wasn't surprising... we'll have to plan another trip when it finally snows!

We were just on your heels. Wish we could have caught up :(

Would have been nice to see you again, Cody. I caught a lot of flack for the start time on New Years Day.... next year we'll shoot for a later start! :rofl: