RME March Trip - Pony Express Trail

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Well, I have an appointment at the DMV next tuesday at 1115 am. I'm still in the Maybe category, but a bit stronger on the confirmed side of maybe. If I leave following that appointment, assuming that I'm able to bolt a license plate to my trailer, I'd have about 3.5 days to cover a little over 2000 miles. That's not horrible actually. I did the drive from my house in Oakley to Greenville SC (about the same distance) in 2 days when I moved to SC.

The only thing I'll have to do is find the temporary storage location for my Jeep and trailer and drop that off before I head up to meet for this trip. I have some leads so that shouldn't necessarily be a big issue. Anyway, keep me as maybe for now and I'll update next tuesday.

rockwell

Count me in, I just got the PTO approved for the day off! Also, are we keeping this limited to the RME family, or am I okay to invite a buddy? Just want to make sure before I extend an invitation to him...

Dudebroman

What: A quick day trip out along one of Utah's most historic trails. We'll be stopping at points of interest along the way, including but not limited to, Simpson Springs, Fish Springs, the Callao CCC Camp, and Gold Hill.

When: March 13th, 2021 @ 8:00am

Where: Staging area just west of UT-36 on the PET (40°09'55.7"N 112°26'10.5"W).

Who: Anyone and everyone. Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or someone just getting into exploring Utah’s backcountry and varied historical sites we encourage you to come out. If you are planning on coming please RSVP below!

What to Bring: Camera, binoculars, coat, gloves, lunch.

Participants:

1. Jeeper (Brian)
  2. 02dodger
  3. Mouse (Don)
  4. frieed (Eric)
  5. glockman
  6. 93TJ
  7. rockwell +1

Maybe:
  1. Chicken Corners
  2. DAA (Dave)
  3. Cody (Cody)
  4. TRNDRVR
  5. SAMI (Jason)
  6. bryson (Bryson)
  7. Black Sheep
  8. Toad +2

Pending Approval:
  1. Herzog (Shane)
Count me in, with your niece

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
If you're looking for some overlander video of what we will cover with way more excitement than some mom in a mini-van would produce here's your video...
start about 3:00 in...
Just an FYI (not a big deal I hope). My brother in law is starting up a freelance videography business and asked to come along to get some footage for his portfolio. So he'll be flying a drone and such while were out there.