RME March Trip - Pony Express Trail

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Its going to be all on maintained gravel roads. An Acadia would be fine if its not muddy and you have a good set of tires. The washboard out there can be pretty brutal at times and passenger tires can be eaten up.
I changed out my 18" wheels for some 17"s. Running factory sized LT rated BFG A/Ts.

Also, it has Flowmaster exhaust, Rough Country leveling kit, and a round dial on my center console that gives me 4 modes of invincible. :thinking:

Oh, it also comes with a dog! 🐶

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I changed out my 18" wheels for some 17"s. Running factory sized LT rated BFG A/Ts.

Also, it has Flowmaster exhaust, Rough Country leveling kit, and a round dial on my center console that gives me 4 modes of invincible. :thinking:

Oh, it also comes with a dog! 🐶
Sounds like you've got an upgrade for everything! Except the dog, I'd get rid of that at the earliest opportunity. ;)

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
If those are roads that are suitable for my van, and I can join for the other parts of the trip, I'd be up for that as well.

I don't mind looking a bit for some limits of my van. Clearly, 9400#, 10' tall and rather poor approach and departure angles are going to be fixed limitations that I'm well aware of. That said, even with those limitations, finding what it can do is of big interest.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
If those are roads that are suitable for my van, and I can join for the other parts of the trip, I'd be up for that as well.

I don't mind looking a bit for some limits of my van. Clearly, 9400#, 10' tall and rather poor approach and departure angles are going to be fixed limitations that I'm well aware of. That said, even with those limitations, finding what it can do is of big interest.
The only challenges of the TCRR are the possibility of mud, and old railroad spikes reaching out to touch your tire.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Well, a little snafu on the paperwork for my trailer may delay my arrival in Utah. Featherlite failed to send the MSO to the dealer and I’ll need that to title and license the trailer. I need to do that before I leave the state. I’ll keep you posted.