South-East Utah RME May Trip - Price, UT

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm going to need some assistance with this one, I don't know the Price trails at all. It would be great to have people help out with trail ratings, selection and leading. I'm not even sure I have the right rig for them, so I don't know if I'll be attending. Lets talk about it and make a plan. Should we plan for 2 different trails, one harder and one less challenging?

• Date: May 18th & 19th. Anyone want to add Friday, the 17th too?
  • This will be a very challenging rockcrawling trip, minimum of 35" tires, 2 lockers, winch, recovery gear and body protection required!
  • Trail Ratings?
  • Meeting place and time?
  • Group Size.... better if we have a smaller group, 10 rigs or less. If we have more, we should consider splitting up.

What else do we need to discuss and plan?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Although I used to live there and run the trails often, it's been long enough that I'm not sure I'd be a good leader of the trails. I know where they are and where they go, but these are the types of trails that change seasonally, and I haven't seen most of them for several years. That said, I will lead if we can't find a few locals to do it. If we have some local volunteers to lead, I will happily supply support / tail gun / etc.

There are various trail difficulty levels, as per most areas. I think it would be good to have at least two different groups, pending the amount of people wanting to join.

Greg - you'd have a blast in the Willys down there. It's short and nimble enough to make through most of the wash boulder stuff.

Locals - Is Judgement Day still fun and run-able? That would make a good Sunday buggy trail.

LJTim

I would love to be to this. Likely just Friday night and Saturday - all day. I've never run anything down there, but have wanted to for a while. Looking forward to more info.

LJTim

I would love to know what trails will be run, and if there are trail details, ratings and such available somewhere. Hopefully I can handle a couple of them.

Reactions: SSR

corbin.black

I would love to know what trails will be run, and if there are trail details, ratings and such available somewhere. Hopefully I can handle a couple of them.
Your jeep will handle most of them just fine, nothing to worry about. If you search around, you can find some old trail descriptions but like others have mentioned before.. these trails are all wash bottoms and change from year to year. It will be interesting to see what has changed with this years weather.

I usually run curse canyon (very easy), upper diff hanger, lower diff hanger, pinnacle I and pinnacle II.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Of those above, I believe pinnacle II is the only one you really have to worry about body damage on because there is a squeeze near the end. I don’t know how it is now days since it’s been several years but with good guiding and sometimes the help of a strap on top it’s not bad.

LJTim

That sounds good. I'd love a Friday night trail, as I would probably take off work early and head straight down. I'm good for all Saturday, but would need to be home that night. Hopefully we can fit in a couple on Saturday.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Also, as Aaron said above, there's tons of primative camp areas. Depeding on the trails you want to run, I'd recommend camping near these areas (not exactly in the circle areas, just generally)

As it gets closer, I'm guessing trail leaders will post morning rendezvous.