South-East Utah RME Moab RocktoberCrawl - Oct 17 - 20, 2018

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Coyote has gotten a lot easier IMHO. Ben and I went through it in an hour last fall. Granted, it was just the two of us but... It is not nearly as difficult as it once was.

I kinda figured. Hopefully our group won't have any problems then we can give that other trail a run. Should be entertaining!

TJustin

Porch Dog
Supporting Member
I had already planned a trip the same weekend with my father and brother. Plan already was to do Golden Spike on Friday, then Moab Rim and other trails on Saturday. What time do you usually head out for the day? I wouldn't mind wheeling with you at least up til Where Eagles Dare on Friday.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
What do folks think of the following:
  • Thursday - Metal Masher
  • Friday - Poison Spider to Where Eagles Dare (opportunity to link up other trails as well for a longer day)
  • Saturday - Trail 1 = Coyote Canyon, Trail 2 = TBD
I'm open to other ideas though, just throwing out a starting point.

Added this to the first post :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'll post the roster soon along with the wait list for Coyote. I'm doing this on a first requested basis... It will be good to know as early as possible if those on the list can't make it so that somebody else can rsvp the spot.

I'm down for PSM -> Where Eagles Dare and possibly even all the way through to Rusty Nail backwards on Friday. I do want to run Pritchett. That's the one trail I have to run anytime I head to Moab. Maybe a group on Pritchett for Thursday and another on Metal Masher?

We can extend this to start Weds also if we have enough interest.

Gawynz

I'm down for PSM -> Where Eagles Dare and possibly even all the way through to Rusty Nail backwards on Friday. I do want to run Pritchett. That's the one trail I have to run anytime I head to Moab.
I like the idea of linking up a few more trails after Where Eagles Dare. Also, I know I suggested Metal Masher originally but I would rather run Pritchett than MM on Thursday.

We can extend this to start Weds also if we have enough interest.
I won't be able to make it down any earlier than Thursday.

Pile of parts

Due to other circumstances, I can only make Saturday but will wheel Sunday too if anyone is sticking around. Group BBQ would be fun on Saturday, as suggested. Looking forward to seeing the roster.

Bart

If there is a spot open for Coyote on Saturday I'd like to join you guys. Sorry I can't make the whole trip.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've had some messages come in and it looks like we have nearly a full roster for Saturday on Coyote. A little closer I'll post up the roster and we can fill spots that become open for that day.

Other than that, we need to plan a trail for thurs, friday and a secondary for saturday. :cool:

Put me on there

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Im planning on going down that weekend and would love to run some trails with you guys. Is this just an informal show up and run kind of deal?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Im planning on going down that weekend and would love to run some trails with you guys. Is this just an informal show up and run kind of deal?

Yep! The only 'formality' is that we will have a list of trails so everybody can meet up.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'll update the first post with more info this week. I'm slacking... but excited! Less than a month away.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I’m making plans to be in Moab to run rear steer, anyone have an idea what to do to meet up with the group from coyote?

Coyote is on the way there. I don't think there's anything keeping people from joining in on Coyote to spectate then regroup for Rear Steer... or we could just estimate a time to meet up pending no issues.