South-East Utah RME Moab RocktoberCrawl - Oct 17 - 20, 2018

smfulle

Is Metal Masher still on for Thursday? If so, how do you all feel about my flat fender following along? honest answers please.
I have plans to meet another group on Friday and Saturday, but I have a campsite booked for Wed night and don't really want to get on anything serious by myself on Thursday so if i could join the group it would be perfect. I have never done Metal Masher.
Ran Pritchett a few weeks ago so not really interested in doing that again right now.

Gawynz

My Dad's bringing his camper and we're currently planning on setting up south of town around the BLM spot shown below (38.428354, -109.420944). Open to suggestions though if people have other thoughts?

BLM Camping South.JPG

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Hmm, we may possibly end up in that area for a couple nights. Was thinking about Kane Creek for the first part of the week. I'll know more for sure this week.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Roll call for Coyote on Saturday!

Those on the list please let me know if you cannot make it as a courtesy to those on the wait list. :cool:

Area we still good with the trail list Thurs - Sat? Is there a group 2 option for Fri and Sat?

Because of the early sunset this time of year, there's a chance that we may not be able to complete rear steer with a large group... But if you are still commited, bring extra food, water and warm clothing for the extra long day.

Gawynz

I'll be getting into Moab tomorrow night, camping south of town at the BLM area I pointed out earlier in the thread. What time do we want to meet up to run Pritchett on Thursday?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'll be getting into Moab tomorrow night, camping south of town at the BLM area I pointed out earlier in the thread. What time do we want to meet up to run Pritchett on Thursday?
I’ve been down since Sunday but camping out of reception. In town for the night but most likely going to be back up by Kane springs tomorrow or we might head your way. Decided to do an in town camp for the night to shower up and such. You still have my #?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'll be down Thursday evening. Are we splitting for camping/lodging or trying to end up at the same spot?

Not sure but if it ends up that way, awesome.

Pending rain, let’s meet Pritchett trail head 10:00 am thurs (cold mornings and i really like breakfast)

Friday let’s meet at the PSM trailhead. 9am?

Sat, let’s meet at the staging area just off the hwy for Coyote, again 9am?

Pile of parts

You we’re on the wait list, now you’re one the go list, can you make it? :cool:
Oh man.... I bent one front spring and broke the other down there two weeks ago. I thought I had it resolved on Monday only to find the main leafs I had made are not right. You'd better count me out and let the next on the list have my spot. I really wanted to make this (and rear stear). Have a good trip and I'll try for another time.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Oh man.... I bent one front spring and broke the other down there two weeks ago. I thought I had it resolved on Monday only to find the main leafs I had made are not right. You'd better count me out and let the next on the list have my spot. I really wanted to make this (and rear stear). Have a good trip and I'll try for another time.

Bummer! Thanks for the quick notice. :cool:

@Bart you’re up! Can you make it? :cool:

smfulle

I was hoping others would respond to meet up on MM on Thurs. :confused:

So far it's just me and one other Flat Fender for Metal Masher. Other guy lives in Monticello and is driving up Thursday morning unless the weather scares us off. Since he has to drive up, I'm thinking 9 at the Gemini Bridges parking lot near the highway. Love to have more rigs along.