South-East Utah RME Moab RocktoberCrawl - Oct 17 - 20, 2018

smfulle

You all missed a fun little ride up Metal Masher this morning. No rai, a tiny little mist a time or two.

Pasting in a post I made to another forum.

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/grampas-jeep-on-metal-masher_topic43481.html

Here in Utah the teachers union has a convention this week every year on Thursday an Friday so all the schools close and call it fall break. I’m taking advantage of the break by NOT going to the convention but going to Moab instead.

I put my tent up in the rain last night, and it pretty much rained all night, but it let up this morning and off we went to the Trail called Metal Masher.

I tried to make a crazy person face for this picture. Turns out my regular face IS a crazy person face.

This is a fun trail with some tough obstacles.

Lots of videos out there with giant JKs struggling on this one. I did too. Got going up it and the wet tires with sand on them caused me to backslide a little and my draw bar jammed into the rock base. Couldn’t get up, couldn’t go back. Ted went around and gave me a little tug and I was up. Maybe on a dry day I could get it.

View from the cliff top. Low hanging clouds made it a unique experience.

This is the trail just before the Widow Maker obstacle. We stopped there and walked up to the obstacle.

Here’s the Widow Maker. Decided to pass on it today. Maybe next time.

More adventures tomorrow.

@smfulle what are you running tomorrow?
Herzog said they already ran PSM today due to weather. I would like to run PSM tomorrow if you are interested.

-Everyone else who isn't running pritchet tomrrow, what are you running?

smfulle

I am supposed to be meeting another group tomorrow but. I have t heard from them yet. We had planned PSM for Saturday, but Friday was left open. I’m trying to get more info now.
I sure don’t want to be stuck in the campground waiting for them.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I have a lot going on, but still want to come down for Saturday and the Coyote and or the Rear Steer run and take video/pics. I'll just be on foot, I don't think the JKU or Willys are ready for those trails. X-D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sorry I’ve been out of cell range most the week. The thurs group changed trails because of the storm and we ended up on Pritchett today. I hope some of you were able to meet up today.

Tomorrow time for Coyote has been changed to 10am