Official RME Monthly Trail Run Planning

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Do we have times and meeting places established?

Everything is a little bit in the air, as mentioned in the first post.

LJTim

I have an idea. Maybe you have already done this - I haven't actively participated on RME beyond the past year. I don't know if Ron Allred (from Vernal) is on here, but he posted in a discussion I was having about an LJ run on Facebook and said he would be happy to guide a group on some stuff in Vernal. I had heard about Red Mtn, but he said there is much more out there that is rarely visited. Not saying I have to be involved, but I would love to join the group for a run, and won't be available until the last half of July.

Here are some Pics Ron shared on Facebook.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I have an idea. Maybe you have already done this - I haven't actively participated on RME beyond the past year. I don't know if Ron Allred (from Vernal) is on here, but he posted in a discussion I was having about an LJ run on Facebook and said he would be happy to guide a group on some stuff in Vernal. I had heard about Red Mtn, but he said there is much more out there that is rarely visited. Not saying I have to be involved, but I would love to join the group for a run, and won't be available until the last half of July.

Here are some Pics Ron shared on Facebook.
View attachment 120066
View attachment 120067
View attachment 120068
View attachment 120069

I love that idea, it would be fun to see something different and new!

LJTim

I spoke with Ron, the local that is regularly running the trails in Vernal. He said the only real named trail is Red Mtn, which I'm sure you have all heard of. He suggested if we make a weekend of it, that we run Red Mtn, and two other trails he has been running more of. He said the difficulty for the other 2 trails is probably about a 7-10, with bypasses around most major obstacles. He compared them to Moab Rim, but with some extra optional 9-10 rated obstacles. The last couple are not yet designated as trails. I asked him about the legal classifications of those areas, making sure we "tread lightly" if the group decides this would be a good trip. He is waiting to hear back from SITLA on the cave, as it is their property.

I also asked him about camping in case the group wanted to make a weekend out of it. He said primitive camping is available all over the area, and there are several campgrounds in town with RV hookups if that is something people are interested in. He said he would be happy to lead the group through all of the above. He has several local guys that would love to join the runs as well.

PS, not sure if it works for him or the group here, but I am only available on the weekends of July 20 or 27th. I don't have to be there, and will still help any way I can if my weekends don't work out.

LJTim

Has anyone on here ever dealt with SITLA in obtaining a right of passage? My contact in Vernal says he is working with SITLA for an area to do some wheeling. and there is some cost involved in getting a permit.