Official RME Monthly Trail Run Planning

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So we don't have a January 2018 trip planned yet, but I want to put February on the calendar. I'm thinking for Feb, we'll make a trip to White Wash Sand Dunes, outside of Green River. It's a neat, open-travel play area with sand dunes, slickrock and neat, tight canyons. I'm thinking late Feb, so it'll be a little warmer but the sand should still be wet and easier to drive for 4x4's. There aren't dunes nearly as big as Little Sahara, but still plenty of bowls to climb and play on. Those that want to camp, could... or stay at a hotel in GR.

Any interest?

That sounds like a good trip. Hope to make it

Tonkaman

It’s definitely a cool area. Cruising through the wash would be fun, but those dunes aren’t anything like little Sahara. Still not a bad idea to switch things up a bit.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
January is the Winter 4x4 Jamboree. I know lots plan to or do come down for that. Might be fun to do a night run with RME folks. Something close but fast and fun like Milts Mile, Nasty half or Double Sammy.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
So we don't have a January 2018 trip planned yet, but I want to put February on the calendar. I'm thinking for Feb, we'll make a trip to White Wash Sand Dunes, outside of Green River. It's a neat, open-travel play area with sand dunes, slickrock and neat, tight canyons. I'm thinking late Feb, so it'll be a little warmer but the sand should still be wet and easier to drive for 4x4's. There aren't dunes nearly as big as Little Sahara, but still plenty of bowls to climb and play on. Those that want to camp, could... or stay at a hotel in GR.

Any interest?

Sell the V8 car they said...... It will be fun they said. :rolleyes:

The new 1.4 car isnt much fun in the sand. Bummer, I agree we should meet up at winter jamboree and do a night run

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I think it sounds good. Surprised more folks aren't speaking up. I can tow the UTV down for free, so makes it a cheap trip.

Also if it sucks, we can just head to Moab and finish the day!

Jared

Oscar da Grouch

That F-N-G

Any interest?

I'm interested. Cant commit as my son is due end of Jan and I'll have to see how fast momma recovers if I can get a weekend pass. Shell be jealous but Ill make it up to her.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Any word on the February trip near Green River?

President's Day Weekend, Saturday Feb 16th work for folks?

Jared

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Well, you do love the idea of Price in March... Kind of close to Green River in February, though, if that matters to anybody.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm game, in just don't know the trails and ratings out there. It would be nice to get with some locals and have an idea what we're getting into.

I'd probably be in my JKU on 35's and don't want to risk damage.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
After talking to @jeepercreeper , it sounds like March in Price might not be a great idea.... plenty of snow on the higher trails and wet washes for the lower trails. I think we would be OK with April or May for a Price trip.

Any other suggestions for March?