Official RME Monthly Trail Run Planning

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm still keeping my eye on this thread, just in case there is a trail run that is for mild equip rigs :D:D I ran the Price trails a long, long time ago, there fun, not sure that is something my stocker Cruiser can do though..

What mild trails would you like to run? On a Saturday? Toss out some suggestions and we can plan a Mild Trail day run somewhere, probably the desert considering the time of year.

jeepercreeper

What mild trails would you like to run? On a Saturday? Toss out some suggestions and we can plan a Mild Trail day run somewhere, probably the desert considering the time of year.
[/QUOTE

How hard you want to be. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have an overloading trip planed in mid-may, so depending on when you all schedule the Price run will determine if I can make it. I have only been down there once in the buggy with the RME crew so I don't know the trails. My cruiser is stock except a 2" lift, 33's and a rear locker. I really what to avoid body damage.

jeepercreeper

I will have to go and see how bad they are closer to the date. They have most likely changed due to weather. All these trails are in washes. Upper Diff Hanger as mid sized rocks. I think it was rated a 3.5. Judgement day was a 5+. It has more of the bolders to get around or over. Chaos Canyons Trail. In a wash with a 2-3 ft waterfall ( probably no water)Lower Diff. Hanger I have yet to be on. The Pinnacle 1 and 2 trails Pinnacle 1 shouldn't be to bad. Pinnacle 2 trail rough at the end. With an obstacle called the Trash Compactor. Others trails on the San Rafael Desert. with Moderate ratings there. I will post what pics i have.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I have an overloading trip planed in mid-may, so depending on when you all schedule the Price run will determine if I can make it. I have only been down there once in the buggy with the RME crew so I don't know the trails. My cruiser is stock except a 2" lift, 33's and a rear locker. I really what to avoid body damage.

If we do a RME Price Run for May, I'd like to offer the harder trails for the guys that like a challenge. I don't have a rig capable of them though, so I'd be looking for a fun, scenic 4x4 trail that I can take the JKU or Willys on. If I'm in the JKU, we could go poke around in the Swell for some fun.

I will have to go and see how bad they are closer to the date. They have most likely changed due to weather. All these trails are in washes. Upper Diff Hanger as mid sized rocks. I think it was rated a 3.5. Judgement day was a 5+. It has more of the bolders to get around or over. Chaos Canyons Trail. In a wash with a 2-3 ft waterfall ( probably no water)Lower Diff. Hanger I have yet to be on. The Pinnacle 1 and 2 trails Pinnacle 1 shouldn't be to bad. Pinnacle 2 trail rough at the end. With an obstacle called the Trash Compactor. Others trails on the San Rafael Desert. with Moderate ratings there. I will post what pics i have.

I'd say we try to a pretty challenging run for the guys that want to really test their rigs. Perhaps @Herzog could be convinced to bring his buggy out too and help make this happen? I just don't know the Price Rock Crawling trails and don't feel comfortable trying to lead trails I don't know.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'd say we try to a pretty challenging run for the guys that want to really test their rigs. Perhaps @Herzog could be convinced to bring his buggy out too and help make this happen? I just don't know the Price Rock Crawling trails and don't feel comfortable trying to lead trails I don't know.

It's been a while but I do know where most of the trails are. I'd be happy to head down, pending it lands on a date that works. Mid May could be difficult for me.

corbin.black

Does anyone have any dates in mind for May?
I will be in Price the first weekend (4th-5th) and I usually hit as many of the trails as I can. It's honestly hard to say how difficult they will be with all of the recent weather.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I like Memorial Weekend for Price, shall we plan it?

I am planning on Bronco Safari 5/1-5/5 in Moab, and thinking about Old School in Delta on Memorial weekend,

So I guess I am hoping we can pull off a Price run 5/11 or 5/18.

Just to throw specific dates out there... :D Totally cool if it doesn't work for everyone else, I can bow out...