RME MTB fitness challenge.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I've been trying to think of a fun way to get in shape, so I created this idea of a mountain bike time test challenge.

Today I rode Mueller Park trail: started at the bridge at 9:58:51am rode to the second fire ring at the top of Rudy's Flat 11:27:17am and down to the bridge finishing at 11:59:11 am. 2:01

If anyone on RME (except Washburn because he's already a beast:cool:) can beat my cumulative time in the next 2 weeks: I will buy you dinner at Bewilder Brewery on Tuesday August 11th.

If you can't beat the time, please still join us for dinner!
You have two weeks from today.

Rules:
You must post a time-stamped photo at the bridge, the second fire ring at Rudy's Flat and the bridge again to get credit. You can also submit your Strava time if you'd like (with your elapsed not moving time).

This will be an achieveable time since I dropped my ID & had to back track to get it and likely wasted 5 minutes or so. Also I started at 10am so I got some heat-of-the-day slowdowns. If you pick a different time you might be able to avoid some heat but you might get traffic so choose wisely. But it's going to be hard. Get to it guys!

(My elapsed time is from the car to the car so it added some length).

Screenshot_20200728-133649~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-140119.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-135339~2.jpgScreenshot_20200728-135354~2.jpgScreenshot_20200728-135408~2.jpg

Last edited:

RockChucker

I'll try and make it up there. Never ridden Mueller park. I have hiked to elephant (?) rock once several years ago. Next 2 weeks might be tight with some after work commitments. See what I can make happen.

rholbrook

Harrison says he is coming home long enough to beat you badly. He would leave from my house in Kaysville at 8 am, rode to Elephant rock and back to my house and be home by noon. And then the dumb kid would go ride somewhere else later in the evening. That was his training schedule. It was there or the towers up Farmington Canyon.

Can I ride my ebike and do the challenge?

rholbrook

I rode Mueller Park yesterday morning with my wife, oldest son and two friends. We all had ebikes. Stratton, I bet I can convert you over to an ebike. I actually just bought another one. I ordered a Giant Stance E 1 for my wife and it should be here by Friday. I got her the medium frame.

@Kevin B. Come up and lets go ride up to Lewis Peak above Pine View Res.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I rode Mueller Park yesterday morning with my wife, oldest son and two friends. We all had ebikes. Stratton, I bet I can convert you over to an ebike. I actually just bought another one. I ordered a Giant Stance E 1 for my wife and it should be here by Friday. I got her the medium frame.

@Kevin B. Come up and lets go ride up to Lewis Peak above Pine View Res.

I'm sure you could. But I need another $5k toy like I need another hole in my head.