RME needs your help!

Caleb

waynehartwig said:
What would this do for the business members that are already supporting the site?

Honestly, I've not had much business from it. It's been more of a personal thing than a business thing. Maybe because I don't push the business around here or even on the trail rides. I don't want people to run when they see me coming! "Aw crap! Here comes that guy from AllJeep.com!" :rofl: Even on the trail rides, I don't meet up with people and toss out business cards. I only give out the cards when I'm approached. I'm not a good sales man! I can't get into people's face like they can.... I do like the idea of supporting the 4x4 community so I'll continue buying the upgraded membership. :D

I'm just curious what you mean by "what would this do for the business members that are already supporting the site?" I dont think anything would change, you still have the benefits of the Vendor forums to post ads and such. Are you wondering if the vendors would get the same things the paying members would? Please clarify what you mean by the question. Thanks

Fester

I'm new to RME and I don't have much to say anyways.....lurker..... (until I start trying to sell left over parts on here), but I'd throw down $20.....especially for another tool box sticker.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Supergper said:
I'm just curious what you mean by "what would this do for the business members that are already supporting the site?" I dont think anything would change, you still have the benefits of the Vendor forums to post ads and such. Are you wondering if the vendors would get the same things the paying members would? Please clarify what you mean by the question. Thanks

Well, I'm just curious. Some are already paying $30 a month. If this goes into effect, would that price go up $20, to $50? Or would the business member rates stay where they are at and turn this into a 'pay board'.

Caleb

waynehartwig said:
Well, I'm just curious. Some are already paying $30 a month. If this goes into effect, would that price go up $20, to $50? Or would the business member rates stay where they are at and turn this into a 'pay board'.

I can't say for sure but I really dont htink the vendor rates would change at all, their rates are for the services they have been told they would receive. I dont think by accepting donations we would be turning this into a "pay board" because RME as you know it would be the exact same, for those few that choose to donate there would be additional benefits...and some jsut want to support the baord (kinda like you)...we have been asked numerous times in the past if people could donate and Greg has not wanted to do that in the past. To have a cool up-to-date board it costs though. Not only in hosting/bandwidth costs but the software costs as does having the board adminitered. The ones that have been administering the board so far do this for a living so is it fair to ask them to maintaint he board for free when they normally would be getting paid for this stuff? Before, when the board was small (not saying its huge now but its much larger than it sued to be, but thats a good thing) the up-keep and hosting costs were minimal. Not to mention there have been some awesome ideas thrown around between the moderators for improvements with the board, but ofcourse it all takes money :D

You concerns are valid (I hope I'm not being condescending) and they will all be taken into account. We appreciate feedback, how will we ever know if we can improve on things if we never hear about them. But, I think I am pretty safe to say the RME will not change in anyway for those that choose not to donate. They will still have same experiences and opportunities they do now, but some of the newer features and oportunities may only be available to those that choose to donate.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
waynehartwig said:
What would this do for the business members that are already supporting the site?

Honestly, I've not had much business from it. It's been more of a personal thing than a business thing. Maybe because I don't push the business around here or even on the trail rides. I don't want people to run when they see me coming! "Aw crap! Here comes that guy from AllJeep.com!" :rofl: Even on the trail rides, I don't meet up with people and toss out business cards. I only give out the cards when I'm approached. I'm not a good sales man! I can't get into people's face like they can.... I do like the idea of supporting the 4x4 community so I'll continue buying the upgraded membership. :D

Yea I loved your site and just bought a computer from you and didn't connect the dots. (sorry for stealing the thread)

I'm in let me know where to paypal

Medsker

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
waynehartwig said:
Greg,
Who does your web hosting? I use www.sitelutions.com. They are cheap - $14.95 a month and gaurantee 99.999 up time. Their email support is very fast to help 24x7. Right now you can get the hosting package I have for $9.95 a month.

You get 65 gig of bandwidth and 1.6 gig of storage. As well as 5 SQL databases, 1500 email addresses, and they will register domain names for $8.75 a year. You also get full access to your root directory, their hosting is not in 'safe mode'. They will also donate $5 a month of your hosting fee to a charity of your choice. Their SSL certificates are only $50 and a dedicated IP address is only $5? a month.

And no, I don't get anything from refferring you! :) I just know that some hosting companies charge $30-80 and more a month and figured if you had cheaper hosting, it would make your bottom line better, to where your sponsors that you already have can pay for it.

My hosting fees have been as much as $80/mo, depending on how much traffic we're getting. We actually changed hosts not too long ago & I'm happy where we're at.

phillippi

Never enough time
What email address for paypal? $20 is nothing compaired to all the $$ on local stuff I have bought and sold, and also all the ideas I have gotten from here.

Greg

Admin
waynehartwig said:

No pay board... I hate them. :)

As for the Vendors donating, I'm working on that. My initial answer would be that vendors shouldn't pay. They have already paid the fee for advertising, which goes to help support the board. As for the paying members recieving better benefits than the vendors, I might have to make a few changes to the vendors packages. We're still working on it the exact details.

Again, donating is strictly optional... although some of the benefits will be awesome. Basically, the mods & I have been talking about taking the money that is leftover after paying the hosting costs & spending it on an item to giveaway on a monthly basis.

Greg

Admin
Fester said:
I'm new to RME and I don't have much to say anyways.....lurker..... (until I start trying to sell left over parts on here), but I'd throw down $20.....especially for another tool box sticker.

Awesome, thanks for the support. :)

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Greg said:
Again, donating is strictly optional... although some of the benefits will be awesome. Basically, the mods & I have been talking about taking the money that is leftover after paying the hosting costs & spending it on an item to giveaway on a monthly basis.

ok.....ok........we are wasting time lets get it done :D

Greg

Admin
phillippi said:
What email address for paypal? $20 is nothing compaired to all the $$ on local stuff I have bought and sold, and also all the ideas I have gotten from here.

We'll get something official up pretty soon. I'm happy to hear that RME has been worthwhile for you. :D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I wouldn't say I'm 'concerned' about the 'fees' going up... I would say I'm more curious as it was just a question that I tossed out there.

Like others have said, I like it around here. I've met quite a few people from here on trail rides, and really enjoy it. I think it's a cheap method of entertainment! :)

Greg

Admin
waynehartwig said:
I wouldn't say I'm 'concerned' about the 'fees' going up... I would say I'm more curious as it was just a question that I tossed out there.

Like others have said, I like it around here. I've met quite a few people from here on trail rides, and really enjoy it. I think it's a cheap method of entertainment! :)

No prob, hope we answered your question.