RME needs your help!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
As you have probably noticed, RME is growing quickly and we're getting alot of traffic. I love the fact that we're about to hit 3000 members (update - almost to 13,500 as of January 2013!). (If you would have asked me if RME would ever get this big when I first started it, I would've laughed.) I think it's great to have the sense of community we've developed. Having a place for the local crowd has been great and I'm looking forward to the future.

With the rising cost of hosting, I have been thinking of opening up the forum for donations. You can help support the forum, if you are interested. I don't want you guys to feel that you can't upload pics to the forum or get the most out of this place because it may take up too much bandwidth... on the other hand, I don't want you to feel pressured to donate.

I do want to offer a package that will be desirable to those members who help support the forum financially. Here's what I've been thinking-

• Increasing the amount of Private Message space to 200 PM's.
  • The option for 'you@rockymountainextreme.com' email addresses.
  • Removing the text advertisements that appear in each thread.
  • Extra Signature Features
  • Private Message Tracking
  • Set Invisible Online
  • Custom Uploadable Signature Photo
  • Personal User Calendar
  • Participate in RME Giveaways!
  • Access to User Gallery
  • Create and Manage Social Groups
  • Customizable Profile
  • And more!
Click here for a list of features for Premium Members

What I need from you are any other suggestions that you would be interested in.

I need ideas that are feesable and can be integrated into the forum. So, what do you think?

FYI... the donating member package will probably be a minimum of $20/year, but if you are interested in donating more, that will be OK.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Meat_

Banned
The ads as they are now don't really bother me.... if leaving them makes more money for RME leave them in :) What would be nice it to be able to ul bigger pics, you have them set to only allow members to view them so it's not like web crawlers are eating up bandwidth with them.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Meat_ said:
The ads as they are now don't really bother me.... if leaving them makes more money for RME leave them in :) What would be nice it to be able to ul bigger pics, you have them set to only allow members to view them so it's not like web crawlers are eating up bandwidth with them.

The ads make some money and some money is nice, but if some of the members would perfer not to see them, then I think they should have the option.

True... I'll consider increasing the up-loadable pic size for the donating members.

Last edited:

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
i would love to help. im new here but i can help any way you would like me too. thanks for giving us all the opertunity(sp?) we have because of RME. just let me know were to send my $$$$$.

p.s. i like the green name idea...

MattL

Ill send ya a check or through paypal. Id be happy to help out. Let me know the specifics.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
What would this do for the business members that are already supporting the site?

Honestly, I've not had much business from it. It's been more of a personal thing than a business thing. Maybe because I don't push the business around here or even on the trail rides. I don't want people to run when they see me coming! "Aw crap! Here comes that guy from AllJeep.com!" :rofl: Even on the trail rides, I don't meet up with people and toss out business cards. I only give out the cards when I'm approached. I'm not a good sales man! I can't get into people's face like they can.... I do like the idea of supporting the 4x4 community so I'll continue buying the upgraded membership. :D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
waynehartwig said:
What would this do for the business members that are already supporting the site?

Honestly, I've not had much business from it. It's been more of a personal thing than a business thing. Maybe because I don't push the business around here or even on the trail rides. I don't want people to run when they see me coming! "Aw crap! Here comes that guy from AllJeep.com!" :rofl: Even on the trail rides, I don't meet up with people and toss out business cards. I only give out the cards when I'm approached. I'm not a good sales man! I can't get into people's face like they can.... I do like the idea of supporting the 4x4 community so I'll continue buying the upgraded membership. :D
To be quite honest, the first time I have head of your business was when I read the Battery Sale thread. You need to post more, maybe do a monthly give away to help push recognition.

Just a thought,

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I know it... That's what I meant, I'm not the 'in your face' kind of guy like good salesman are. I know it's not RME's fault, because I have the tools available to promote the business here, I just don't take advantage of them. I'm here for personal reasons, not business reasons. Then again, I started the business for personal reasons, too. I was tired of getting screwed and paying way too much for stuff! :D Anyway, enough of hijacking Greg's thread... -_-

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Greg,
Who does your web hosting? I use www.sitelutions.com. They are cheap - $14.95 a month and gaurantee 99.999 up time. Their email support is very fast to help 24x7. Right now you can get the hosting package I have for $9.95 a month.

You get 65 gig of bandwidth and 1.6 gig of storage. As well as 5 SQL databases, 1500 email addresses, and they will register domain names for $8.75 a year. You also get full access to your root directory, their hosting is not in 'safe mode'. They will also donate $5 a month of your hosting fee to a charity of your choice. Their SSL certificates are only $50 and a dedicated IP address is only $5? a month.

And no, I don't get anything from refferring you! :) I just know that some hosting companies charge $30-80 and more a month and figured if you had cheaper hosting, it would make your bottom line better, to where your sponsors that you already have can pay for it.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
yeah for sure I would donate. I have saved more money buying things locally and being able to troubleshoot my Jeep without hiring a mechanic so I feel it is the least I could do. I do like the colored name idea and the name@rockymountainextreme.com option. Another idea is I really dislike having to wait 60 seconds before sending my next PM. Could that be disabled for a paying member? I like the RME sticker idea too.

Andrew