South-West Utah RME November Trip - Sand Hollow, UT - Jared Boren Memorial Run

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hey everyone, we're planning this one in advance because it's so special to a good friend of RME, Kevin Boren. Jared Boren passed away at 3 years old, on May 10th 2017 of Spinal Meningitis. Jared loved Jeeping and his Birthday is November 4th, his family would like to celebrate his life and love with the members of RME, offroading in Sand Hollow. His family wants to invite us to spend the weekend with them in Jared's Memory.

The plan is to spend November 2nd and 3rd in the Sand Hollow area!

@kmboren

Last edited:

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I'd like to thank RME and Greg for allowing this to be another great event. It was special last year and look forward to sharing this again with friends this year. Don't have any specific plans other than Jeeping in the Sand hollow area. We can cater the trails tot to the abilities of those that arrive. This will take place on Friday and Saturday the 2nd and 3rd. I'd asked Greg to post this early so people could plan accordingly. I'd like to do a BBQ weather permitting at my house or a park on Saturday for dinner. Thanks again. Look forward to this being another great event.
Kevin and the Boren Family

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Let me know how we can help out, Kevin! It was very memoriable to be involved with last years trip.

It's been a long time since I've wheeled Sand Hollow... I will probably be in my JKU, but may bring the Willys CJ2a. I don't mind pushing either vehicle, but want to avoid breakage & sheetmetal damage. Are there trails that are still challenging, without pushing it too hard?

I have seen pics of The Barracks trail, I'd love to check that out one of these days.... but that doesn't have to happen this time around.

Last edited:

kmboren

Yes Greg there are trails that push limits without body damage. If enough people are Interested we can do barracks or what ever.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I haven't been to Sand Hollow in a LONG time. I might have to make it the 3-4th but I'll get it on the calendar and hope to get down there. Are people just staying in hotels? Anyone VRBO or similar?

Bart

I'm a strong maybe on this also. I'll be there almost exactly a month before that for the Trail Hero event. I'll see if I can pull this off.

Pike2350

I may be there with my father-in-law again... although he'd be in his own JKU.... aand possibly my friend in the FJ Cruiser.

Kevin, where do you live? My In-laws have a house in Washington where we'd be staying

LJTim

I’m interested. Same boat as Bart. Busy week a month before helping with TH. We’ll see if the kitchen pass is back up by then.

kmboren

Sadly I have to cancel this. My jeep is in the middle of a rear axle swap and with the broken arm I am not going to be able to have it done in time. Maybe next year we can resume it.