South-West Utah RME November Trip - Sand Hollow, UT - Jared Boren Memorial Run

RockChucker

Not sure about XJ land, but in TJ land, the go to master cylinder for 1 ton swaps used to be the dodge 2500....i think that is a mistake. I put a Durango/Dakota master on my jeep, and it will put your face through the windshield. It's midsize between the 2500 and TJ part. 2006 is the year that is sticking out in my mind.

pkrfctr

Thanks everyone. You have been so incredibly.

On the brakes I am aware that I need to do something different. Wasn't aware of it but now surprised until someone made me aware. I have read that if I go to a newer XJ master cylinder then go to a late 90s dodge 2500-3500 booster it works great. As long as they work some then that will have to do for now?
when I did mine (JK not XJ) the brakes worked ok they just weren't super confidence inspiring that's why I upgraded. They were fine off road but scary in 'on the road' emergency maneuvers- too soft/squishy.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
So if my understanding is correct this is basically finished. I hope to come up this coming weekend and grap it. I know it UEA weekend so that might complicate things. I can't get up there until Friday night. I know Ryan's Shop is Closed on Saturday. Any thoughts? Maybe someone could pick it up during the week and take it to there house and I can grab it from there? I guess my Trailer is in Draper and jeep is @ agility.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Not sure about XJ land, but in TJ land, the go to master cylinder for 1 ton swaps used to be the dodge 2500....i think that is a mistake. I put a Durango/Dakota master on my jeep, and it will put your face through the windshield. It's midsize between the 2500 and TJ part. 2006 is the year that is sticking out in my mind.

After more research this looks like the better way to go. I believe I already have the dual diaphragm booster in my XJ so just need to upgrade the MC.

pkrfctr

So if my understanding is correct this is basically finished. I hope to come up this coming weekend and grap it. I know it UEA weekend so that might complicate things. I can't get up there until Friday night. I know Ryan's Shop is Closed on Saturday. Any thoughts? Maybe someone could pick it up during the week and take it to there house and I can grab it from there? I guess my Trailer is in Draper and jeep is @ agility.
I can probably get everything picked up and brought to my place. That would save you 45 min of driving too.