RME October Trip - Montezuma Canyon, Alstrom Point, Left Hand Collett canyon

XJEEPER

That sucks, Derek! Would have been fun to hang out with you again. Thanks for the early heads up, that'll help the next in line plan.

@XJEEPER - Jeff, you're up! Still want to go?
That sucks, Derek! Would have been fun to hang out with you again. Thanks for the early heads up, that'll help the next in line plan.

@XJEEPER - Jeff, you're up! Still want to go?

YES!! Count me in. So glad that you pinged me, I really need me some trail time, after a broken t-case skunked my Rubicon experience last month.

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Unfortunately my work schedule has me nervous a about the timing of this trip. With my airport project winding down and the Facebook project taking off it may be impossible to take time off. Long story short I’m going to forfeit my position so someone else has the ability to fill the spot. I’m super disappointed ☹

Ironically, work is slowing for me, and they cancelled the race for that weekend.. I was going to try to hitch a ride with you..

Tonkaman

Ironically, work is slowing for me, and they cancelled the race for that weekend.. I was going to try to hitch a ride with you..
I’m sorry dude. I’m seriously bummed out about the timing of work, especially since I’ve had all the free time I want for a couple weeks. The shiz just hits the fan hard soon.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Still haven't heard from @TEAM FRED ...

@frieed , you still interested in coming along? You're next on the alternate list.

I've sent a PM to Team Fred, hoping to hear back from him soon. We're now down to two weeks until the trip, so I'd really like to finalize the participants ASAP so everyone can make their plans. Trying to be fair to everyone, too.

Greg

Admin
So it sucks, but I don't think the fire ban is going to change in the next two weeks. That means no camp fire for heat, hanging out or cooking dinners. :( Plan accordingly!

I need to call the BLM office and check on the road status of Crosby Canyon, Smokey Mountain Road and Left Hand Collett just to make sure they're drivable.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
So it sucks, but I don't think the fire ban is going to change in the next two weeks. That means no camp fire for heat, hanging out or cooking dinners. :( Plan accordingly!

I need to call the BLM office and check on the road status of Crosby Canyon, Smokey Mountain Road and Left Hand Collett just to make sure they're drivable.

you can still run with propane fires. So cooking and such isn’t a big deal.

we took a back yard propane fire pit on our last trip for camp fire. Worked pretty swell. But we also had multiple empty truck beds full of extra room.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Would joining the convoy in Monticello be an issue? Wife and I were going to travel down night before and grab a room. Moab rooms are pricey! and not much left.

Greg

Admin
Does everyone have a radio for the trip? If not, I have a 2 handhelds I can bring and loan out. I have chargers too, buy only one 12 volt and one 110 volt.