RME Shooting Day Interest?

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I know many of you are in salt lake county, where would be a good place to shoot where we can get out to 1000 yards? I have a few places down my way but I would be willing to drive north if someone has a hood place. Are there still places to shoot out on the west side of Utah lake? I'm thinking that in the next couple weeks on a Saturday morning meeting early and shooting until 12-ish.

Motivational pics..

IMG_9035.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG
A0D46184-F13D-4E07-AD55-CBBA6912D5DA.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0193.jpg

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I think the closest places are down by you.

Those of you with your basic AR15 would be surprised how accurate a 55 grain out of a 1:9 twist is at 500 yards.

Last edited:

lhracing

Has anyone gone out North of Dell? I have heard that there are some areas for some long range shooting out there. I need to do some sighting-in on my AR and the newest toy a Ruger Precision Rifle.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
when I was in the training brigade we had a range out north of Dell. it was for soldiers to shot from vehicles at moving targets. I think it was UTTAR or something like that. Most the area out there is bombing range for Hill Field.

I shot the M2 at distance before... was pretty accurate at about 1000 yrs with tracers!~ lol I shot the m4 out to 500 yrs a few times.
I don't have any rifles but I do have the g23 g43 that I would love to do in a defensive class.

petesoffroad

I do a lot of long range shooting with friends. We have a place out buy delle were we set steel out to mile would be more than happy to come help and teach people what I know and bring plenty of steel for people to shoot.

lhracing

I do a lot of long range shooting with friends. We have a place out buy delle were we set steel out to mile would be more than happy to come help and teach people what I know and bring plenty of steel for people to shoot.

I would be very interested in joining in if something is put together as I have much to learn.

xjtony

Out by Delle there is plenty of room to shoot. I need to get this guy out more. I've only taken it to 400
0335debc38e52570d5c9afecc0cdb982.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

xjtony

Took mine out to zero after installing new scope rings. It likes 175g. 168g PPU match was not as consistant
1448b5a5c54fe99f6caf3c56217ae7a1.jpg
7969ad09ac851ac587267218cf8ba52e.jpg
7acf62f5607fc71b8c34d799c9c6d522.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Took my son out saturday so he could get out past 1000 yards, he had shot out to 700 yards previously but has never been able to hit any further than that. We had to fight some nasty wing and mirage but he was able to hit the 24" plate out ate 1450 yards. Long enough flight time that I could watch him shoot and then look through the scope to see where he was hitting.
1450.jpg