Northern Utah RME Snow Run?

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I want to go get a christmas tree up near evanston anyone want to come go with me... the permits are $10 and allows you to choose what tree you want!

DAA

Snowed quite a bit last nigh while I was sleeping in my tent. Beautiful morning though. 60 miles to pavement, good fun. Got a couple more coyotes to go with the ones from yesterday too :).

Did get a flat, swapped on the spare, no big whup really, but I did decide to call it a day and headed straight out for pavement after that.

Nothing quite like stepping out of your tent before first light to a bunch of new snow and a bunch of howling coyotes though. This morning was awesome :).

- DAA

DAA

I spent all day yesterday wandering, following my nose and looking for sign. Camped where I ended up. Which was in the foothills of the distant mountains. Only a sparse dusting of snow here and there when I pitched camp. Started to snow shortly before I decided to go to bed. Looked like this when the sun came up.

20181202_Coyote%20Hunt-3W.jpg

- DAA

DAA

A Saturday 1-3 weeks could work for me. I'd need to pick one pretty quick though.

I've been getting out almost every weekend, but I've been ranging pretty far out. Not very current on conditions closer in. Snow present but not deep in the high desert valleys I've been frequenting. As of yesterday, oldish wet slippery snow, but not a whole lot of it. We'd might want to try for a little altitude to get into more snow maybe? Right now the higher snow is deeper, but also dense and slippery - it's harder to get up than it looks.

Suggestions for closer locations that make it easier for more to come out would be welcome. Started thinking about maybe something like Bullion canyon in the Dugway range, but it would suck if the PET run portion was just muddy. Silver Island looks pretty weak on snow from the freeway right now.

Something some Saturday soon. I probably need to pick one and pencil it in pretty quick though. Who wants to go, which Saturday, where?

I'll throw out Sat. the 19th. Hope for the Red Gods to deliver us fresh powder from the night before and a bright, clear cold, sun bright on fresh immaculate white Saturday. But plan on just taking what we get.

- DAA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
A Saturday 1-3 weeks could work for me. I'd need to pick one pretty quick though.

I've been getting out almost every weekend, but I've been ranging pretty far out. Not very current on conditions closer in. Snow present but not deep in the high desert valleys I've been frequenting. As of yesterday, oldish wet slippery snow, but not a whole lot of it. We'd might want to try for a little altitude to get into more snow maybe? Right now the higher snow is deeper, but also dense and slippery - it's harder to get up than it looks.

Suggestions for closer locations that make it easier for more to come out would be welcome. Started thinking about maybe something like Bullion canyon in the Dugway range, but it would suck if the PET run portion was just muddy. Silver Island looks pretty weak on snow from the freeway right now.

Something some Saturday soon. I probably need to pick one and pencil it in pretty quick though. Who wants to go, which Saturday, where?

I'll throw out Sat. the 19th. Hope for the Red Gods to deliver us fresh powder from the night before and a bright, clear cold, sun bright on fresh immaculate white Saturday. But plan on just taking what we get.

- DAA

I like it, enough time for people to plan ahead and we can determine where based on the weather, then?

Reactions: DAA

DAA

Okay, who is interested in going the 19th? Any suggestions for where?

I'm pretty easy. I think closer would be better for turnout. But I'm hip to travel a bit too. I'd just like to try and find somewhere where it's not just already well travelled snow, somewhere we can hope to break some fresh track. If there was an opportunity along the way to take a short hike and shoot rabbits that would be fine too :D.

And of course hopefully with more snow by then than there is now. A storm the night before or even day of would be great.

- DAA

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'm out for the 19th. :(
26th could work though...but as always, don't rearrange stuff for just me.

DAA

If it would make it work for you I'd happily switch to the 26th.

Anyone else have a particular Saturday coming soon that works better than another? I have read that Carl and Kevin have schedules that end up opposite a lot.

Main goal is getting as many folks going as we can.

DAA