Road race

Jesser04

I took the car up east canyon and down immigration Sunday morning. All I could think about is we need a isle of Mann, pikes peak type race somewhere on the Wasatch front. I wonder what it takes to put on a race like that we have tons of roads that would be awesome. Imagine racing from the ranger station at the bottom of AF canyon over to the parking lot of Sundance. Anyways one can dream right?

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
I talked with some local guys about setting up a local hill climb stage race a few years ago. if my memory serves me, the list was something like this:
-Up LCC to Alta
-Up BCC, around the Brighton loop, up to the top of Guardmans
-From Park City main street up through Deer Valley (yea right) to the top of Guardmans
-Up Pine Canyon (midway) to the top of Deer Valley or Guardmans
-Up Butterfield Canyon to the Kennecott overlook (partial dirt)
-Up Middle canyon in Tooele to the Kennecott overlook (partial dirt)
-Up Emigration Canyon to East reservoir

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I've always wanted to take a really fast car up the 68. Say Elberta to Saratoga Springs. Miles of straight, go as fast as you can then get into the twisties for the rest of the drive. It would a lot of fun and a much easier road to close down.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I've always wanted to take a really fast car up the 68. Say Elberta to Saratoga Springs. Miles of straight, go as fast as you can then get into the twisties for the rest of the drive. It would a lot of fun and a much easier road to close down.
Sounds like less of a hastle than all the bike races they run down that section... ;)

Tonkaman

I’ve hit that road pretty hard with a group of sport bikes. It waves up and down WAY more than it looks. Flat out scary