• Hey Guest! We need your help! 2019 EJS Potato Salad Hill Cleanup

Road through sand hollow

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
We were riding in Sand Hollow last week, and they were developing a major road right through the middle of all of it. Does anyone have information about this? It literally cut some of the trails in half, and will prevent access From one side to the other.

kmboren

Supposedly it is access for a water pipe they are installing. Perhaps for the reservoir that will be built in the Washington dam staging area. Where they built it next to the dunes it wont last. The culvert is only like a 2 foot drain. First bad flash flood it will back up and make a lake at bottom of dunes then erode that road away.

Coco

Supporting Vendor!
Supporting Vendor
That's a shame. I haven't been to SH in a while, but we are heading down with the SXS's next weekend. Not looking forward to seeing this. Maybe Rich Klein could chime in on it?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
That is right in the middle of the staging area for riding, and the reservoir will cover a ton of the riding area.

crapmanche4l

...no more! Call me Murphey
the staging area will remain as that is what the newer road ridgeline was "compromised" for. Fault line will be gone though as well of TONS of area great for bikes, SxS, etc. It's a bummer for sure. And yeah, I laughed when I saw the drain at the bottom of the "dam" in the gulch. That's not gonna work...lol