Rock Crawling & Poll (New Thread)

Craig S

Commando
I know I am gunna get flamed or band for this but what happened to this being a funcrawl? a bunch of guys just getting together to have some fun, and raising money for a cause. what happened to it didn't really matter who won or lost and we were all friends? Maybe I am going overboard, and reactionary, but the last two pages have been about tweeking the rules as to not offend anyone?

I went wheeling the other day with a fullsize with 40's and a jeep with 33's the open jeep with 33's made it a place I couldn't go, then later I pulled him out of an easy stuck. lets keep this fun!! don't whine about the little things. remember this is for fun!!!

Good point!

jgb

OK, which class would my buggy be in? For refresher see My buggy thread.

Its a full tube chassis but only has a spooled rear and 26" ATV tires. Compared to a full tube rock crawler buggy with lockers front and rear with 39"+ tires.

But then again David did beat Goliath:D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
OK, which class would my buggy be in? For refresher see My buggy thread.

Its a full tube chassis but only has a spooled rear and 26" ATV tires. Compared to a full tube rock crawler buggy with lockers front and rear with 39"+ tires.

But then again David did beat Goliath:D

If this is the one that I think it is, you have to compete with the other tubed buggies! That thing goes places I wouldn't think possible with that small of tire.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So, what's the schedule looking like for this, since it's a Friday/Saturday? Is there crawling both days, or is it a Friday tech/Saturday crawl kind of thing? (I need to know if I need to take Friday off, or.....?)

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
whats the stock wheel base of an 85 runner??:ugh:

i dont know where mine sits(i know its shorter than most other toyotas out there) but i know that most aftermarket toyota suspensions strech the wheel base about 4-6 inches this could be an issue for a few people(mostly sami/mudflap)

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
whats the stock wheel base of an 85 runner??:ugh:

i dont know where mine sits(i know its shorter than most other toyotas out there) but i know that most aftermarket toyota suspensions strech the wheel base about 4-6 inches this could be an issue for a few people(mostly sami/mudflap)

i thought about all these things, but then i finally said screw it............................if they want me in the buggy class, hell, i will run there. its only for fun anyways. i think they will put me in legend though.

Last edited:

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
i thought about all these things, but then i finally said screw it............................if they want me in the buggy class, hell, i will run there. its only for fun anyways. i think they will put me in legend though.

thats very true, ill run what ever and wont complain, but ive kept my 4runner all toyota. Even though its exo caged, its still a street legal mini truck on 35s. it would just kinda blow to have to run with guys with tube chassiss, full hydro and 40s due to one inch of wheel base.

but im down for what ever, it sounds like a fun time to me

maybe this will just make it that much more fun, ill have to find a last minute way to shorten the wheelbase before the comp:D

btw i measured mine and its about 106. anyone know the stock wheel base?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I think in any case, each class should have points discounted for smaller tires. I'd be put in Legend right off, due to my wheelbase, but I'm still only on 35's. Or should I just get a set of 40's before the event?