Rockbinder- Drama Scout

ghetto

Plastic windshield?

Im jealous of the queer steer.
Yeah it's lexan. I'll try it out. There is a more scratch resistant version too but I'll see how this holds up.

I like the rear steer, but so far it's just been a novelty. I haven't done anything where I felt like I needed yet. There is an obstacle that we weren't able to drive last time out, and I'm excited to try it with the new rig. It will need to be dry and I don't see that happening ng anytime soon.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Yeah it's lexan. I'll try it out. There is a more scratch resistant version too but I'll see how this holds up.

I like the rear steer, but so far it's just been a novelty. I haven't done anything where I felt like I needed yet. There is an obstacle that we weren't able to drive last time out, and I'm excited to try it with the new rig. It will need to be dry and I don't see that happening ng anytime soon.

Why not build a frame to accept a piece of glass? i did on my single seater and the glass only cost 65$installed. I used to spend 50$ every winter on a new piece of lexan as the old one would be too scratched by the end of a season. Glass frame

ghetto

Why not build a frame to accept a piece of glass? i did on my single seater and the glass only cost 65$installed. I used to spend 50$ every winter on a new piece of lexan as the old one would be too scratched by the end of a season. Glass frame
I'll look into that. Did you just go to a glass place? I would prefer to run real glass. I have it set up to run wipers but I know it will wreck the lexan.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I'll look into that. Did you just go to a glass place? I would prefer to run real glass. I have it set up to run wipers but I know it will wreck the lexan.

Yup, just a small time automotive glass shop we have here. Charged me 75$ I offered cash and he happily took 65$. I took him the frame before I cut the hole and he told me to just keep a decent radius in the corners, we agreed a roll of duct tape would be fine.

ghetto

I'm so jealous! I might have to find a way to buy another scout. Love the build!
I want to find another scout and do more of restomod. Maybe like 37s, nothing crazy, something that drives nice and can be as comfortable on the road as it is off road. My wife will kill me if I do anything anytime soon though.

After wheeling in the snow and having the kids wanting to go I decided to close in the back and finally start the rear cage. I have been putting it off for awhile. I want to be able to have it detachable and still be able to run the top. I welded 1.5" tubing 20200118_203718.jpg20200118_164246.jpg20200120_172132.jpg20200120_172126.jpgto the cage and slid 1.75" tubing over it. I'll put a bolt through it to keep it from moving and I am doing tube clamps so that I can unbolt it from the c pillar. I also cut up a sheet of aluminum for panels. I got some dzus for attaching the panels that I need to access behind.

Bart

I used that same process for my LTJ project to detach the back of the cage and install/remove the half cab. It worked great and was light enough to do it myself.