rockreligious rig rebuild(chop/chop)

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Well, Ive been running this Jeep for about four years, When I bought it for $400, It consist of nothing but a tub and a frame, Ironic how that is what I am cutting out of the rig. when I built it four years ago, I stretched the wheelbase to 103 and used rs44044 rancho waggy lift springs, the original jeep was a 4 cylinder, I build motor mounts for a 4.0 and installed the engine and 43re tranny and teralow 4;1 2lo/shorty out of my ZJ Grand that had been rolled so many times the doors wouldnt open no longer. all this sitting on a Ford 9, and HPdana 44.
some of you already know this rig, Ive been on the trail or ran into some of you in Moab, Cedar or some of the U4 events with it, Ill post pix so you might recognize it.

sold my back-up rig(4runner) and dumped the money in new parts
Now its time for 60's, tube, 4-link rear, 3-link panhard front, 40's on new beads, fox's, new seats (going 4 seater) monster diff covers/truss's, removing all sheet metal except cowling, going tube, poly hood, and lexan body with wrap to advertise my Glass shop....Im developing skills but this is not Ben Hanks Racing, Im building this in my undersized cramped garage with a stick welder, and hopefully it dont turn out too back-alley Ghetto-fab.

I started this project about a couple months ago, and just this week got serious about it. goal is to be wheeling it two weeks after EJS, Moabs car show weekend..

suggestions welcome, some of this fab is my first stab........

Attachments

• resizee.jpg
    resizee.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 53

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Heres some pix of the rig as used the past few years,

Heres the first time out running in the snakes.

Attachments

• rattlesnake 3-12-06 020.jpg
    rattlesnake 3-12-06 020.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 88
  • rattlesnake 3-12-06 026.jpg
    rattlesnake 3-12-06 026.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_0534.jpg
    100_0534.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 74

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Diff cover, Truss, and Beadlocks all made by Dax Welding in Ft. Green, UT

these guys can build about anything, they got a cnc machine and all kinds of other crazy equiptment, they used to build parts for teraflex when Alex was alive.

the cover and truss is similiar to BTF's, but the truss has a bent tab in 1/2" for your suck-down winch hook. they can modify it however you want it.

Attachments

• 100_1405.jpg
    100_1405.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_1342.jpg
    100_1342.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Some other bling, ballistic Joints...2.63 forged and crommie. some ballistic brackets, some Dax Fab brackets, also got rod-ends for my pan-hard and steering from Ben Hanks Racing.

Dustin at Sexton Off-road set me up with a sweet deal on some racing seats front and rear (Carrabou) and an anti-sway bar.

alluminum fuel cell and braided hoses from summit racing.

Got my Fox shox from Hippie at Midstate Jeep Parts. 18" rear, 16"fronts. 2.0's
also had hippie order me a poly clear hood from Trent-Fab, and some dana 60 35 spline outers and drive flanges, this is getting spendy. bought my 39.5 Iroks, and soft 8's from Midstate, kinda strange welding in DYI beadlocks into brand new wheels

already got my gears and lockers, 5;13's full spool rear, lockrite front, I hope I dont regret the lockrite in the front, but Ive got a freind who has rallied his 60's and broke 35 spline stubs without damage to the lockrite. If it dont hold up I will go detroit

Attachments

• 100_1419.jpg
    100_1419.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_1368.jpg
    100_1368.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_1383.jpg
    100_1383.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
rear susp, mock up.. dont laugh at my drive shaft, the skinny on it is its a spare, running a Tom Woods but it has a broken cage, got to send it to them for rebuild and re-tube.

Attachments

• 100_1403.jpg
    100_1403.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 101

crazyyo

;good to see your working on it finally haha but didnt you start this over a year ago:rofl: .... i will be down this weekend we will stop and see how its looking;)

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Bending tube, 2" x120 tube, triangulated with 1.5x.120 still need to triangulate and build seat, cekk, and battery mounts.

Attachments

• 100_1415.jpg
    100_1415.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_1416.jpg
    100_1416.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_1417.jpg
    100_1417.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 51

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
;good to see your working on it finally haha but didnt you start this over a year ago:rofl: .... i will be down this weekend we will stop and see how its looking;)

I quit running it about a year ago, cause I had the runner. but I cut it in half about 3 months ago, then left it there to rought, sometimes you have to do that to get your wife as motivated about the project as you are...she wants it out of the garage.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ive always liked this rig, I think its a bruiser chassis..Im working towards a 4 seater, 1/2 chassis version similiar to it.

wrapped in lexan and plate boatside bottom.

Attachments

• blue2.jpg
    blue2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 112

Bart

Looks like you're making good progress. Love the direction. I always liked the way the Bruisers look. Good luck with the build. So does Dax have all those in their computer now? Would be nice to stay in-state with that kind of stuff.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Looks like you're making good progress. Love the direction. I always liked the way the Bruisers look. Good luck with the build. So does Dax have all those in their computer now? Would be nice to stay in-state with that kind of stuff.

Thanks Bart, Yea Dax has it in thier computer, there adding new products every week. They cut the beadlocks, and they also have some other patterns such as overlapping flames and such.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
got some more tube work done, got the rear suspension and foxs mounted, mocking up seat, cell, Co2 mounts now.(struggling to make everything fit) will try and post pix of todays and tommoro' s progress tommoro night.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Man, I over heated my tube adapters when welding them into my tube causing the threads to distort just enought that the ballistic Joints didnt want to thread into my new links. Had to buy 1.25 right and left hand threaded taps and chase the thread. cost me almost $200 (ouch) maybe next time Ill just tap my links and not even use tube adapters.

41" long links, 2"x.250 wall DOM, ballistic Joints 2.63x1.25 threaded shank 12 tpi. 40" Iroks. I was going to use 3/4x3/4 rod ends in 1.5x.250 plus sleaved tubes for my uppers, but dropped one and bent the threaded shaft, and in my anger order bigger stuff for my uppers, there is no comparison, and it doesnt cost much more when you consider the cost of mis-alignment spacers.

Attachments

• 100_1428.jpg
    100_1428.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1429.jpg
    100_1429.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1432.jpg
    100_1432.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 26