Shop / Tools Rogue notcher

Ashcat

Interesting product. I see it offers several solutions like stupid easy offset notches and notching in the radius.

My concerns are overall durability and the price is shocking.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Just as a comparison, the JD2 Notch Master is $295. Add the Swag Offroad "Reach Around" arm and the "Goat" for clamping on a bend, and the total comes up to $402. So the $425 for the Rogue version isn't TOO out of line.

Still don't know how robust it is. I do know the JD2 version very well, and it's a solid piece that lasts VERY well. It also can handle up to 3" tube, which is nice sometimes.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Just as a comparison, the JD2 Notch Master is $295. Add the Swag Offroad "Reach Around" arm and the "Goat" for clamping on a bend, and the total comes up to $402. So the $425 for the Rogue version isn't TOO out of line.

Still don't know how robust it is. I do know the JD2 version very well, and it's a solid piece that lasts VERY well. It also can handle up to 3" tube, which is nice sometimes.

I feel like with the jd2 and swag mod you end up with a much stouter tool. But I could be a tad biased. Love my notchmaster.

Ashcat

I agree about the jd2 and if I was in the market that’s what I’d go with. It’s what I learned to notch with and is solid.

The product above was discovered on social media so I looked it up for more details.

4x4_Welder

Amateurs-
I built stainless handrails for a couple years, and nearly every single post that left that shop had the top done on this. I did have to shim the vise to get it actually centered vs the cob, though.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Im on the Notchmaster band wagon. Ive seen these Rogue notchers in person and they are way too overpriced for some formed plate. My Notchmaster is Machined from solid plate. Furthermore im not too impressed with their bulky benders with aluminum dies.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I just upgraded from plasma cutter and grinder to the Notchmaster with swag accessories, it a pretty stout piece of equipment.. I have been working on a mount to attach it to my bender stand and still need to drill a couple holes to mount it so I can try it out. So far it looks like it will make me a happy man, I’m sure my scrap box will be empty in a week.