Roll Cages???

Caleb

What do you guys think of the essentially offroad weld-in kit??? for only 299 It seems to be an alright deal...I know I could do it myself a helluva lot cheaper but to just have to hold it in there and weld sounds pretty nice...what/who do you guys suggest?

Nixter

on the road again...
Originally posted by supergper
What do you guys think of the essentially offroad weld-in kit??? for only 299 It seems to be an alright deal...I know I could do it myself a helluva lot cheaper but to just have to hold it in there and weld sounds pretty nice...what/who do you guys suggest?

Not sure I have seen their version. Got a link?

On that same note, what do you think of or-fab's??? Wondering if the bolt on is safe?? What happens if you roll?? Does it crush the pillar??:confused: :confused: :confused:

Caleb

www.essentiallyoffroad.com their kit is just a front hoop and four spreader bars but you can add on other stuff for not a whole lot more...I haven't seent the or-fabs either but I assume it is similar to the one I am reffering to...essentially also has a bolt-in version

Nixter

on the road again...
I'll take a look. Do you thinks it's safe? I mean nothing is totally safer than running to your frame, but for a quickie.......... the bolt-in's look pretty good.

Nixter

on the road again...
Originally posted by supergper
www.essentiallyoffroad.com their kit is just a front hoop and four spreader bars but you can add on other stuff for not a whole lot more...I haven't seent the or-fabs either but I assume it is similar to the one I am reffering to...essentially also has a bolt-in version

Ok, I looked at the cage. If your talking about the CJ, it looks good. The YJ too. I have questions on the TJ though.
http://essentiallyoffroad.com/vactive/RollCagesTJThru.asp

At this link is the TJ cage. Look at it. It looks like the front section mounts to the dash????:confused: :eek: :confused:
Not sure on that or not, but doesnt look good. I'm thinking bolting to a steel structure is far more reliable than to a plastic one. Is there something I am missing?