rolled jeep...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Hmmmm.....

So I was looking around a little on GOOGLE. (Famous last words, I know) and I found this little road. It looks like a guy could get to the spot where I got stuck in a little bitty 1.7 mile hike or bike trip. I was thinking it might be fun to leave a geocache up there as sort of a "memorial" to this "adventure."

Anyone familiar with the road I've marked? It looks like I could ahve just walked straight down the draw from where I got stuck, and been right on the pavement in less than a mile. How about that?

17milesfromFREEDOM.jpg

I'm pretty confident you can hike from there. I don't know if you can park there without 'WTF are you doing here' neighbor questions, but I think it's open to unmotorized access.

That's as close as I got Sunday night.

how come my google earth doesn't look that nice?

That's a good question. I am posting from work, where we have a T3 connection, and high-res monitors. I have 1GB of RAM, which is pretty standard.

Maybe just your settings? I haven't tweaked anything in mine...this is just default.

Does anyone know how far south you can drive up the ridge from Farmington/Bountiful? I assume it gets closed at some point, but I'd be interested to know where. We hiked Grandview Peak a few years back, and drove pretty far south that day. Not sure how far that is from Dude, tho.

there is a road right there......and I can't drive on it....argh! Damn you google earth!

Welll...all you have to do is start a range fire in the area you want to go to, then follow the fire trucks and airplanes after the gates open up. I recommend not calling 911 if you do happen to find yourself stuck, however. I hear that gets expensive, and complicated.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=3957895

Canyon mudslide closes Highway 6

One driver's idea of a detour got him into big trouble. He started driving on the railroad tracks only to be forced onto the embankment by an approaching train. That's when he became stuck.

"How much is it going to cost? I will tell him, about $181 an hour."

And he won't be paying just the tow truck several hundred dollars, but Union Pacific for damages to the railroad, and a fine for criminal trespassing.

Don't you just HATE copycats?

He really out did you. Guess you'll just have to try harder next time:p

Does anyone know if the road that goes out of Corner Canyon to Highland/Alpine is open? I am assuming not, considering all the rich people up there who have surely yelled loudly to close it by now.