Rot Box’s Superduty

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Thanks Mouse you’ve been a great help to me I appreciate it.

I tested the system today with my home brew tester and found a massive leak on the driver side plenum where it meets the head. oh man not the news I wanted to hear I’m surprised it boosts at all that’s how bad it is. I’m looking into billet plenums with o-rings instead of grey rtv the stock ones use. Not sure if they’ll fit though as I have an off year E99...

Here’s some pics. If anyone wants to borrow my tester you’re more than welcome to it. Really takes the guess work out of it. Just insert past the crank vent in the intake tube and pump it up to 20psi. Easy peasy. For the 7.3 use a 3” pipe cap.

B25D4C01-B9FE-4C77-88FB-360580334E49.jpeg393C9DF3-1B58-45FB-8315-93A1A935DDE7.jpeg8BDB4397-401F-4BA6-9398-A0F856ED9857.jpeg

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Good parts on order. The EBPV delete saved my truck some EGTs and the up pipes did a good job sealing leaks (they are a pain to install though).

I have not used a leak tester on my truck, I might have to borrow yours sometime.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I’ve put about 300 miles on it so far and man it’s a whole new truck boost comes on strong and egts have stayed well within the safe zone. Took my mileage too (off the odometer) and after mostly freeway driving at around 70mph it’s getting 19.3mpg. Couldn’t be happier with it. Should have plenty of power to pull my camp trailer now! 😎

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Pulled my trailer to the lake for the weekend with family and friends! Having the boost back was very noticeable and the egts stayed nice and low. The real test will be Logan canyon in two weeks it’s a steep one—headed to Wyoming’s badlands with the bikes 😎

View attachment 137923

I bet you literally barely knew that was back there

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Oh man... leaving a 3” puddle of oil every time I park it. It just popped up a few days ago. Thinking I must of punched an oring or something during reassembly but I don’t know. Everything went back together so nicely but there is a puddle under the pedestal so I can only assume that’s where it’s coming from. Always something isn’t it? 😓

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I've replaced the OEM lines with aftermarket units that only have 1 o-ring per side (OEM has 3). I've also had the "unservicable" plug on the HPOP leak, but the repair kit from Diesel o-rings fixed it.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
If anyone needs help pulling their 7.3 turbo I’m your man hahaha. Got it out in 45 minutes flat!

Pedestal to block and turbo to pedestal is dry as a bone so I’m pretty sure that’s not where the leak is. Had to pull everything off to see that. One plug in the passenger side oil rail is damp I’ll be able to watch that one with it running otherwise everything looks dry and problem free. We’ll see... I’m putting it back together now.

Can’t find this dang leak to save my life!