Rot Box’s Superduty

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Still rockin Tinky Winky! Really thinking I’d like some bigger tires. 35-37’s would work pretty sweet I think. Wonder how much I’d need to lift it though? And probably need different rims I’d bet. I’ll have to look into it.

Took the kids for an afternoon up Povidence canyon. The ol’ diesel just chugs along nicely on the rocky trail.

78FF1D81-7AD4-4C0E-A2B5-68A8BB66D2F6.jpeg
1CBE2352-286A-4333-8A54-A823195E2E71.jpeg

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
She definitely sits level now and I like it. I was worried about it squatting when I pull my camp trailer but I don’t think that’s gonna happen—it’s pretty light and I have airbags so we’re good I think.

Next up is a mirror upgrade. My mirrors are broken and they suck…. Stay tuned!

35CE4CFB-3BE6-47C3-B26F-39150ADE633A.jpeg

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Oh man now I’ve done it! Found a 2006 Eclipse toy hauler in very very good shape. At 7200 lbs dry I really hope I’m not overloading Tinky 😳. She turned into a fire breathing monster with this ol’ girl behind her—the turbo was tearing it up lol!

My max tow rating is 10k lbs so I think I’m good. Do you guys recommend a stabilizer hitch? I have air bags with an onboard compressor so that helps.

I’ve been anti camp trailer my whole life but with kids, a very old dog and a wife that wants a flushy toilet lol etc I figured I’d try it out. I have a four wheeler and some dirt bikes so the toy hauler was a must. At 26’ plus a long ass truck I’m limited as to where I can go but I think for trips to the badlands or the dunes it’ll be nice to have.

Sleeps an army there’s beds everywhere! Onboard generator, fuel tank, ac, blah blah. With gas prices so sweet I figured why not 😣

E0D7BF46-CE59-41F1-A2BB-659AD91CA54D.jpeg

haulinshine

Oh man now I’ve done it! Found a 2006 Eclipse toy hauler in very very good shape. At 7200 lbs dry I really hope I’m not overloading Tinky 😳. She turned into a fire breathing monster with this ol’ girl behind her—the turbo was tearing it up lol!

My max tow rating is 10k lbs so I think I’m good. Do you guys recommend a stabilizer hitch? I have air bags with an onboard compressor so that helps.

I’ve been anti camp trailer my whole life but with kids, a very old dog and a wife that wants a flushy toilet lol etc I figured I’d try it out. I have a four wheeler and some dirt bikes so the toy hauler was a must. At 26’ plus a long ass truck I’m limited as to where I can go but I think for trips to the badlands or the dunes it’ll be nice to have.
Personally I recommend the use a weight distribution hitch on anything over 75% of the tow vehicles weight. The airbags will help but if you put the toys in the trailer and catch some wind the tail will be wagging the dog without the distribution hitch and that gets pretty scary. Realistically you won't be overloading the truck due to the designed safety factor. The engine and trans(4r100) will handle the weight without complaint the rear axle and springs are likely your weak link but it would be a good idea to look at what the hitch is rated for carry vs dist. I would guess the hitch is rated around 7000 weight carrying.

If you don't already have one I would advise a pyrometer at the turbo and trans temp sensor, if you are feeling froggy you can put a sensor in the rear diff to make sure that doesn't get too hot. Keep that dinosaur of an engine under 1200°F and you should be fine and don't turn it off until the turbo has had a chance to cool or you can crack the housing and need to replace it.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Thanks haulinshine. I meant weight distribution hitch but said stabilizer for some reason haha. Any brand better than another? I see some have chains and others don’t not sure what’s better..

Truck is a manual so that’s nice for pulling and I do have a pyrometer with probe in the exhaust manifold (pre turbo) to keep a close eye on things. 4” exhaust and intake with a big ol’ filter but no chip or any power adders.

I need to look at my receiver and see exactly what it’s rated for. Good thinking. I’m pretty sure it’s aftermarket so that could be good or bad I suppose.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Thanks fellas! I’m looking at the Equalizer and there’s a few options for weight rating… think I should go with the 10k or 12k or other? I figure bigger is better in this case right 🤔

9589DDC9-EB23-447F-9F3A-2AD2DB4E73AD.png

Looking at my receiver I can’t see any weight ratings on it anywhere and it’s pretty rusty. Poking around online I kinda like the thought of the Super Hitch with dual receivers. They’re very heavy duty and a class 5 so I think that would be a smart move?

Thanks again

haulinshine

Thanks haulinshine. I meant weight distribution hitch but said stabilizer for some reason haha. Any brand better than another? I see some have chains and others don’t not sure what’s better..

Truck is a manual so that’s nice for pulling and I do have a pyrometer with probe in the exhaust manifold (pre turbo) to keep a close eye on things. 4” exhaust and intake with a big ol’ filter but no chip or any power adders.

I need to look at my receiver and see exactly what it’s rated for. Good thinking. I’m pretty sure it’s aftermarket so that could be good or bad I suppose.
No problem, I knew what you meant I've heard them called a lot of different names. The manual is rated to 26k gross so you should be pretty good there. With GVW on that trailer being 11k I would get the 12k hitch and yes equalizer is one of the best out there!

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
A great upgrade to the mirrors are the 2010-style. They bolt right on, and you can upgrade to power folding/extending if you want at the same time. My F350 has them - much better view than the originals.

I bought these, and they have proved to be OEM-like quality. The mirror is not loose and I've had to problems in 6-7 years