RTH: Kamas Snow Recovery

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Real Time Help Recovery Request: A friend has a coworker that is stuck on the Hoyt Peak Road (near Kamas). He slid a tire (F150) off the snow covered road and will need a tug or winch to pull him back on the road. They are not in immediate danger and are salvaging some hunting time while they wait for help. Anyone available this afternoon for a quick run?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I love recoveries... as long as it's not me that needs to be recovered! I don't get off work until 6 tonight...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I’m in Kamas. Let me know I can likely get away at some point with the buggy if it’s not too far. Trailer is snowed in

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I’m in Kamas. Let me know I can likely get away at some point with the buggy if it’s not too far. Trailer is snowed in

That would be very helpful. Coordinates are in bound but he's on the Hoyt Peak Road. What is your availability like this afternoon/evening?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I am available any time today. My winch ran off with her other boyfriend this morning, but is back in sandy so I can pick it up. I could be a good buddy vehicle, or am a good shotgun rider with willing hands.
However, my ground clearance isn't awesome, so if it's deep snow I would be a plow..

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
How many vehicles do they need? I might do a recon right now. Just confirmed that I’ll be avail this evening too.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
How many vehicles do they need? I might do a recon right now. Just confirmed that I’ll be avail this evening too.

The driver is now down in SLC waiting to go back and rescue it. I'm available in my BJ74 or FJ40, just need one other rig to be safe. The stuck truck is here:
40.67454, -111.23793

It looks like you drive a 2.5 miles north of Kamas proper and turn right on 2700N and climb up from there.

IMG_3378.jpg