Runner Lift Stability

88 Runner SAS

Saving Money For Parts
I haven't started on my Runner yet, other than the sas. Still working on my tow rig. I was wondering on the lift. When I did the sas I used the rear leaf shackles to mount the rear of the front leafs, and added 3 of the leafs from my 85 in the rear to level it out, I figure this gave me 2 1/2 to 3" lift. I'm going with 2" body to get the clearance for the V-8 and chevy auto. The tires will be 35" SSR's(also will have rear locker). I want to be able to do some good rock crawling and not have to worry too much about flopping on my side. I was thinking of going with a 3" suspension on top of what I have. So this is my question- Do you think this would make me too top heavy? Should I go with less and do some major fender trimming? Also a bob is in the works for the future. Sorry guys, after I think about this should have gone in tech, I'm still a newbie. :confused: :D

xjc

I give up :(
I am certainly no expert but everything I have read says that the best lift if a fender lift. The only side effects are those due to the huge meats. :D

I can't say that I have done that yet myself though, I'm a pansy when it comes to removing sheat metal on my 96 xj. I can't currently affort large enough tires at the moment anyway.:(