Wanted Running Driving Vehicle under $1000

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I'm in need of a different vehicle for my teenager. He wrecked his current car today to the point I'm not sure it's worth making drivable again safely. I need something he can drive for the next 6-9 months. I dont need a nice car, but it needs to be fairly safe and reliablish for around town driving.

I'd love to be around $500, but willing to go up to $1000. If you have something, let me know please. I'll be on KSL soon but would prefer to buy from someone here if there is anything available.

Here's my number if you have something for me to look at: 8O1. 663. 63O5.

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
My sister is selling a 2008 Dodge Caliber. I will check and see how much she wants. I know she is looking to unload if for pretty cheap. Probably not 500 but maybe 1000.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
186k miles. It is not at all perfect. It needs some work, but that is pretty cheap for a 2008.

Jesser04

My mother in law has a Acura TL with 260,000ish miles on it with maybe one straight fender left my niece has been driving it until last Friday she bought a new car. It leaks power steering fluid (fill it up once a month leak) but other than that I’m not aware of any other problems but it does have a shit ton of miles and has been somewhat neglected. If your interested I’ll ask.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
My mother in law has a Acura TL with 260,000ish miles on it with maybe one straight fender left my niece has been driving it until last Friday she bought a new car. It leaks power steering fluid (fill it up once a month leak) but other than that I’m not aware of any other problems but it does have a shit ton of miles and has been somewhat neglected. If your interested I’ll ask.
I am interested if it is in my price range. Thanks!

Omgbecki

Not sure your preference but I was on Facebook marketplace looking for a similar deal for when I start going to school in SLC. ( cant imagine putting that mileage and fuel into my jeep coming from Ogden) they had quite a selection of hondas in that price range. I tend to lean towards hondas in this price range purely for mileage and parts prices. I cant say they are the safest but for any car out there you just need a bigger one for serious damage to happen.