Russia! Russia! Russia! Trump, and You!

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
I disagree, the investigation proved beyond any shadow of a doubt that a presidential campaign colluded with foreign agents and the Russians to affect the election. Money was exchanged, party leaders were aware and part of the conspiracy, and there is clear evidence that justice department officials were complicit in carrying out the plan. What I want to know is......

......when to the Clinton campaign indictments begin dropping?

biggest political scandal in US history. The media is still trying to provide cover.

Houndoc

Let's see, all we have so far is a summary memo put out by a hack AG who works for the president.

Even that specifically said the report does not clear Trump of obstruction of justice, not to mention the half-dozen or so close associates of Trump either already in prison or preparing for trial. Hardly a clean record.

The only way this whole issue will be laid to rest is for the full report to be made public. If it clears the president as his cheerleaders claim, he has no reason to object and should actually be calling for it to clear his name.

Jesser04

The only way this whole issue will be laid to rest is for the full report to be made public. If it clears the president as his cheerleaders claim, he has no reason to object and should actually be calling for it to clear his name.

I’m sure if the whole report is released and clears him everyone will be just fine.:thinking:

You either like him or you don’t no report regardless of what it says will change anything. I’m just glad this witch hunt is over and we can get back to making America great again.

Houndoc

You either like him or you don’t no report regardless of what it says will change anything. I’m just glad this witch hunt is over and we can get back to making America great again.

True for the extremes on both sides. For those on the far left, their opposition to Trump borders on hysteria (similar to the knee-jerk reactions many on the far right have against Obama and Hillary). For die-hard Trump fans, as he himself said, he could shoot someone and they wouldn't care. Any report or investigation making him look bad would be mocked and labeled "fake news" or "witch hunt."

But I think there is a sizable majority that simply want the truth- be it good or bad for Trump. Only the full release will provide that information.
That many not change their overall support or opposition to him (it is foolish to think the only reason many, including some conservatives and Republicans, dislike Trump is because of the Russia mess) but that is the only way for the investigation to be "over".

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Obama and Hillary

These two are in the same camp as the Bush family. Blue / Red politics don't interest me. I had severe distrust for Trump when he came on, figured he was just part of the big family with all the others. Turns out I was wrong, and I'm glad I was wrong.

What pisses me off is that I can't (couldn't) openly criticize Obama policy without being called a racist, and you KNOW that you wouldn't have been able to criticize hillary policy without being a "sexist". There's a pattern there.

I'm excited for everybody to finally find out who mccain really was and what he really did. That will come out. They're all crooks and it's a big game of projection. The ultimate irony is that it's taking a man like DJT to make it come out. This is some popcorn eating of epic proportions.

ID Bronco

These two are in the same camp as the Bush family. Blue / Red politics don't interest me. I had severe distrust for Trump when he came on, figured he was just part of the big family with all the others. Turns out I was wrong, and I'm glad I was wrong.

What pisses me off is that I can't (couldn't) openly criticize Obama policy without being called a racist, and you KNOW that you wouldn't have been able to criticize hillary policy without being a "sexist". There's a pattern there.

I'm excited for everybody to finally find out who mccain really was and what he really did. That will come out. They're all crooks and it's a big game of projection. The ultimate irony is that it's taking a man like DJT to make it come out. This is some popcorn eating of epic proportions.

The ironic thing is you really can't be a Trump supporter without being a racist either. I'd love to be able to switch my position and definitions to produce my desired outcome in life.

I am no expert, but I don't believe the govt. has EVER released the entire report/information on any investigation like this. I'm with Houndoc on this one I wish they would, I believe it would confirm that many Dems should be in jail.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
I have plenty of criticisms of Trump

It would be out of the norm for the full report to be released. The report contains raw data and notes that when unvetted or taken out of context could, and in this situation most certainly would, be used to say that there was some indiscretion that occurred. For instance, a note taken by and FBI agent, say one who had a personal agenda who was part of creating a false dossier from a witness bearing a false testimony. That would be taken as hard fact because it was included in the report even though other parts of the report might specifically show that witness report to be 100% false. not to mention, and i am not sure if it would apply here, but it could put embedded intelligence assets at risk to do so. There is a legal process to have the report released and it isn't screaming at the media, Trump and the Republicans can't stop it, but the case has to be more compelling than we are mad that we didn't get our way and we don't have any evidence to support our request, which so far appears to be the case.

Lets all remember that Muller was a special prosecutor, and prosecutors don't ever acquit anyone of anything. Defense attorneys get people acquitted after they are accused, and in this case Trump was never accused so he can never be acquitted. In this case Muller's job was to find evidence worthy of bringing charges against Trump or his staff. They used every dirty and unethical tactic in the book and the best they could come up with were a few charges completely unrelated to campaign collusion. They then used these charges as leverage in the hopes that those individuals had something to give up or would manufacture something that would justify a continuation of the investigation. I actually find it quite remarkable that given the latitude to use the full weight of the justice department to dig into the entire past history of the lives of these individuals without any confines on behavior related to the campaign, all they came up with were these few charges. And in the case of Michael Flynn, a war hero and patriot, resorted to entrapment and threatening his family and destroying him financially, in spite of the report from the agents who questioned him saying he never intentionally lied. I am pretty sure that if they dug into most of our personal lives they could come up with something to charge us with, maybe a tax deduction or an incorrectly checked box on a government form. This is total weak sauce.

But if the standard is to prosecute every single little transgression that the investigation has uncovered I am all for it. I expect the caseload will be very large for the next couple of years because as I stated before; the report shows without question that a campaign, with the knowledge and help of high level justice department officials, paid a foreign operative to collude with the Russians and create a false dossier, with the intent to influence an election and lead a coup against a president elected by the people of the United States. None of that is in question and it has already been proven, somehow not a single charge has been levied. So if you are looking for an injustice to fuel your daily addiction to political rage, let that be the log on your fire.

Last edited:

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
not to mention the half-dozen or so close associates of Trump either already in prison or preparing for trial.

Lets be very specific about this comment and what these individuals have been accused or convicted of:

Roger Stone - Former Trump Adviser - indicted on charges of lying to congress, obstruction, and witness tampering - has plead not guilty, awaiting trial, not guilty until proven innocent except he is related to Trump so lets hang him because he did something to somebody sometime and even if he didn't he should pay for someone who did. no campaign collusion violations

Michael Cohen - former Trump attorney - made false statements to congress - sentenced to three years in prison, no campaign collusion violations

Paul Manafort - former Trump campaign chair - convicted of bank fraud, tax fraud, money laundering, and obstruction sentenced to 7.5 years in prison and $25MM in restitution, all long before Trump ever ran for a political office and unrelated to the Muller investigation, no campaign collusion violations

I make that 3 close associates

George Papadopolous - former Trump campaign aid (a low level volunteer that met Trump once) - convicted of lying to the FBI, sentenced to 14 days in prison, must have been a really big lie, was actually most likely a stool pigeon in the fake dossier, no campaign collusion violations

Michael Flynn - former national security adviser - plead guilty to lying to the FBI, sentencing delayed, no campaign collusion violations

Rick Gates - former Trump campaign aid -plead guilty to lying to FBI as part of an arrangement to testify against Paul Manafort and his charges were unrelated to his time with the trump campaign, no campaign collusion violations

The remaining 26 indictments and 2 conviction were not trump associates but I would like to point out that for the Trump campaign, no campaign collusion violations

To summarize, NO CAMPAIGN COLLUSION VIOLATIONS

Last edited: