Central Utah RV Camping around Mayfield

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
We are looking to get into higher elevation one last time for the year. I haven't been up Mayfield canyon since I was a kid (30 years ago?). How busy will it be over Labor day? I'm pulling the traveling city, 29' Toyhauler, and looking to do some ATV/motorcycle trail riding. Anyone have a recommendations for where to camp?

RogueJeepr

Here!
Looks like Twin lake campground would be your best bet.
Haven't been there since a kid as well. Been wanting to go back and camp at that exact place, just cant find where it's at with what I remember.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

smfulle

The Mayfield area is where my family goes for the deer hunt. I don't do much hunting but I take my flat fender and explore while my brothers worry about finding deer. They didn't find much this year, but I had a great time this past weekend in the Willys.
There are miles and miles of trails in this area. Many of them are size restricted, but my little flattie fits right in there. You could spend weeks in this area on an ATV and never see all the trails. There are loads of spots that deer hunters just pull their trailers off the road and set up camp, and there are several formal campgrounds, including the Twin Lakes campground. In all the 12 years or so that we have been doing the deer hunt in this area I have never seen the Twin Lake actually be two bodies of water. It's always so low that the upper "lake" is just a grassy meadow. Here's a video my brother-in-law took as I drove him, my sister, and my 78 year old mom to the top of one of the mountains in the area this past weekend.

[video=youtube;qfQEeMHYei0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfQEeMHYei0[/video]

RogueJeepr

Here!
Awesome video. Thanks for the info.

I was able to call my aunt's former husband and ask him where he took us and even he's not exactly sure but I have 2 possible locations it could be.
Now I need to look at the videos my aunt has and match up the geography with maps and memories.
Should put us in the right location for next season's explorations.
This was my first 4x4 interaction (his full size blazer) . At the time I had a 125 dirt bike and fell down in a stream crossing breaking off the plastic clutch handle.
Also remember a really cool lightning storm miles away that was interesting to watch.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Last edited: