Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Turbo S Velocity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turbo S Velocity with bacon

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Ok so we rented a beat to shit old razor and the wife liked it so much she green lit a purchase. Pretty much settled on the Polaris and I want the suspension travel that the turbo s models provide.

Turbo S has some live computer controlled valving on a set of 3" fox shocks. Turbo S Velocity has a less complicated traditional 3" Walker Evans piggyback shock setup.

I am leaning towards the Velocity because of the simplicity and less stuff to go wrong. I am also a Luddite and fear new things. What say ye?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Did you drive a Can Am? My son sells/assembles those at High Adventure Powersports. I constantly hear how superior the Can Am is to the Polaris. No idea if that’s true but I’d assume it’s just a Ford vs Chevy argument

lhracing

I have a Turbo S Velocity and like it a lot. For the type of riding I do which is mostly trails I could not justify the $3000-$4000 Dynamax upgrade. I haven't put too many miles on it yet but it is a big improvement over my previous XP1000.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Did you drive a Can Am? My son sells/assembles those at High Adventure Powersports. I constantly hear how superior the Can Am is to the Polaris. No idea if that’s true but I’d assume it’s just a Ford vs Chevy argument

Driving one this morning to try it out, it looks like a great machine but I don't know if the model I would want is still available. It does seem like a Ford/Chevy thing. I have heard that they are a little difficult to see out of because you sit so low, but that should also mean a lower center of gravity. I have also hear that the floors get really hot because they are not well heat shielded but that was just one persons opinion.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Both machines will serve you well. The best part about going Polaris is all the aftermarket parts that are available for them. I believe in the long run the Polaris is a bit cheaper to keep, but they’re all black holes to toss your wallet down. My advise would be don’t add any dealer offered options when you buy it. Get all of that once you own it aftermarket for about half price.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Well I jumped off the cliff today and bought the Turbo S, has a couple desert guts tell me the active valving suspension was really worth it. Should be here Wed or Thursday.

I agree about the aftermarket stuff, other than helmets we aren't getting anything until we drive it a bit.

Now to find a toy hauler, finding out most of them wont fit a 4 seat machine, Doh!

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
I own a Turbo S Velocity. I've put almost 1000 miles on it so far. Most of the miles are in the desert, since that is where I live. It's already made a couple trips to Moab where it saw action on some of the most difficult trails. I voted for you to get the Turbo S...so good job :). The major reason being, the factory shocks and coil springs are HORRIBLE on the Velocity. I went ahead and had Fineline Suspension St. George overhaul mine...SOOOOO much better.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
I own a Turbo S Velocity. I've put almost 1000 miles on it so far. Most of the miles are in the desert, since that is where I live. It's already made a couple trips to Moab where it saw action on some of the most difficult trails. I voted for you to get the Turbo S...so good job :). The major reason being, the factory shocks and coil springs are HORRIBLE on the Velocity. I went ahead and had Fineline Suspension St. George overhaul mine...SOOOOO much better.

Thank you! this was very helpful

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Might have to come out to the land of Brigham Young this weekend to pick up a trailer and the UTV. I know about little Moab, is there anywhere else in the area to open up a new toy?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Might have to come out to the land of Brigham Young this weekend to pick up a trailer and the UTV. I know about little Moab, is there anywhere else in the area to open up a new toy?

White Wash out by Green River... sand dunes, a bit of Redrock canyons, a big wide wash and a some fun trails.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
I thought I would throw in a quick review of the Turbo S for anyone considering a purchase. Keep in mind that this is my first side by side of any kind so I don't have much to compare it to other than the clapped out 900 we rented a few weeks ago in Moab, and a severely under powerd 500 machine that I drove 7 or 8 years ago.

The bad: The additional width on the Turbo S pushes the wheels completely outside the fenders. We were soaking wet and muddy from our ride. Fistful side chunks of mud and snow got thrown into the passenger area. I am looking at different options for extending the fender flares.

The Good: everything else. The suspension soaked up rough terrain like it wasn't even there (kids slept in the back doing 40 on a very rocky road). Throttle response was crisp and immediate. The controls were easily accessible and laid out to give the driver info without taking your eyes off the road. The brakes had no problem slowing/stopping in emergency situations and when wet or muddy. The 4wd worked perfectly, although we hardly needed it.

Hope this helps somebody.

On a side note, anybody on here work in the world of injection molding? I find the world of UTV storage options to be severely lacking and I have some business ideas.

rholbrook

I have a client that does injection molding and one that does rotational molding. Something as big as storage you may want rotational molding. Let me know if you need any introductions