Sad to say but mepco ain't skared

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Well I talked to tod at jack it and he said thatmy 40's would break his machine. 4wp can't touch em. discount-nope big o-nope rig shop neds a downsiser/arbor(too small of rimes :D 0 so-Nope Mepco-yep FOR A PRICE.
Oh I am getting my 40 hawgs ballanced tomorow. at like 30$ each :eek: They are the only ones that can handle a big tire. What in the hell is with this state? no you can't drink good beer and no you can't have big tires. just thought I'd let you all know that a friggin JEEPY place wins the battle of the bulge. I'll give you the results later.

MattL

Well did you try any additives inside??
Did you get any other suggestions? I hear that things from bb's to golf balls to antifreeze to some substance called equal should work if done properly?? Although some have had some strange non working results..

What is your gearing in your axles?

Why are you runnin 4d's? What is the daily driving size?

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
lets seeeeee 4d's were free and now may be under 100$ Why run em? well one cuz I can. two they are basically unstopable. three bragging rights :D
I run 5.29 pigs locked through detroits. stock ass 22r. not the spunkiest truck on the road but it does 50 anyways. got dualk cases for off road but only go to about 120-1 to push all four in really bad shit hills or mud.
I thought mepco would do it but they say I have something rolling around in one tire and had bad wheel bearings.
As far as extras inside the tire. Many people say that equal is shit. I am trying to figure out if say bb's would go to the high side or the low side.

Nixter

on the road again...
Originally posted by Skyetone
Well I talked to tod at jack it and he said thatmy 40's would break his machine. 4wp can't touch em. discount-nope big o-nope rig shop neds a downsiser/arbor(too small of rimes :D 0 so-Nope Mepco-yep FOR A PRICE.
Oh I am getting my 40 hawgs ballanced tomorow. at like 30$ each :eek: They are the only ones that can handle a big tire. What in the hell is with this state? no you can't drink good beer and no you can't have big tires. just thought I'd let you all know that a friggin JEEPY place wins the battle of the bulge. I'll give you the results later.

4wp wouldnt touch them huh?? - They mounted my Uncle's 44's, but then again, he bought them there too. I wonder if that's why. BTW, mounting those 44's were a bitch.

Nixter

on the road again...
Yes. They were custom. They mounted them, (it was a real bitch) but, come to think of it, they didnt balance. This is off-road only veh. (Bet you kinda figured with the 44's)

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
If you guys are in the Bountiful area, Jays American Car Care can do that. I used to mount oversized, forklift, etc etc tires all the time, and balance was no biggie either. You wont get them perfect, but its a 40" tire for he!!'s sake. Those guys act like they run a small buisness. Whatever the customer wants, Customer gets. Besides, one of the Employees runs a Jeep on 38's or 40's, they're friends with the people who owne(d) the Maveric Monster Truck, and drive Diesel Trucks up on those size tires as well. Just my .02..

Also, on the subject of EQUAL.. The stuff work wonderful. I use it in my Fiero's, and used to have it in my 33's on a CJ5. You just have to find a place that can do it correctly. If you really want good balance, buy Centrifugal Wheel Balancers. They bolt on between the wheel and hub, and automatically correct all weight problems above like 15mph. No more $40 a tire balancing, no more tearin off a wheel weight, no nada. Great product, just pricey. I also ran these on the Thornbirds i had on my CJ5, made the rig run very nice at Freeway speeds. Too bad I sold with Jeep :(

Thanks for the space
-Karl

Last edited: