Sami carb

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
I think this thing has more plugs on it than a Apollo mision. Anyway. I'm working with RollOver Bill on his Sami. New head, and still can't get through emissions. They said try your carb. Cleaned it inside and and out. Put it back together and it surges between 1600and 2500 rpms.. I unplug one of the lugs and it runs fine. I know, get a weber 32/36. Well, this is a cheap project and I'm trying to keep it sami for now. I'm trying to learn more about the carbs on this little thing. When we get his done, we start on mine.:confused:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
The world's cheapest engine performance mod. This Suzuki factory part was released as a part of a Suzuki Technical Service Bulletin. And we quote, "...Samurais may exhibit a hesitation/flat spot, in any gear, when in acceleration from partial to open throttle." Basically, eliminates the flat spot in carburated Samurais which results in a loss of power. Super easy to install, takes about 5 minutes. The absolute best bang for your buck when it comes to improving your engine's performance.... $11.97

this is a quote from the engine section of the rockyroadoutfitters.com website go there or any other suzuki aftermarket dealer and they have these vent tube nozzles. i put one on mine and it made a world of difference, there is a factory defect in the flow dynamics of the stock carb requiring this vent tube nozzle to fix it.

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
Spend the $400 and get a Weber Carb. TONS and OODLES more power, NO MORE VACUUM LINES, and mine passes emissions without so much as a nod from the IM machines.

-Karl

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
Oooopp... re-read the post, want to go Inexpenisvly.. Sorry

Dont know anything about the Stock setup, but the Weber's are stupid easy to rebuild. Just did it on mine, runs WHOLE lots better. Idles at 900, cold idles at like 400 (until it warms up... need pre-heater) and runs straight to 7k w/no probs. I imagine that cleanin everything out of the old one, poss rebuild might fix things? another thing to do, grab a can of WD-40, and with the engine running, squirt WD on the vacuum lines. When/If you find a crack or broken line, the engine will rev up a lil, or rev down. Depends on what line is having issues. With a high idle, its usually a bad vacuum line.

G'Luck!

-Karl

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the weber carb is to suzukis what the holley carb is to all other motors. it gives great power gains dues to designs but lacks operation angle ability due to its multiple vents and ducts. you can make a weber work well at angles with some modifications. the new holley truck avenger tackles some of these problems by running a vent tube between the float bowls solving some of the flooding problems but it is still a carb. the stock samurai carb is the best at angles, it is one step from fuel injection without much in the way of power benefits. if you plan on using a weber carb offroad anyway here is a web page that talks briefly about the solutions to the carbs angle problems.

http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/samurai/webers.htm

check out this picture of the nice work that holley has done for their new truck carb!!