samurai dash options?

airmanwilliams

ok so I have an 87 samurai that the previous owner cut out a big hole in the dash where the clock was and I want to clean it up some. Can I put a later year dash in it or is that not possible? or does anyone have just the dash pad I can buy cheap?Below are some pictures one of the style of dash I want to install and one of the pad needed if I cant istall the dash.

Attachments

• !B2trhcQBmk~$(KGrHqN,!hUE)74leyN8BMjlIZqgc!~~_12.jpg
    !B2trhcQBmk~$(KGrHqN,!hUE)74leyN8BMjlIZqgc!~~_12.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 6
  • !BykTHng!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKm4Ew8sNJnYCBMSQ5h8)vg~~_35.jpg
    !BykTHng!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKm4Ew8sNJnYCBMSQ5h8)vg~~_35.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 4

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
You can install the whole later model dash. Mount points are the same and if I recall there is nothing you have to change about the climate control levers either.
Now is that your dash pad in the picture? Because if that is, I see nothing wrong with it. The center of the three holes on the left is where the clock snaps in. On J and JA models the hole was just plugged unless someone opted to get the clock as an option. But you could just reach behind and pop the plug out and put a factory clock right in (if you can find one). If it is not your dash pad and yours has a bigger hole that a factory clock will not fit into, I would recommend giving Hawk a call. I'm sure they have one they can scrounge up.

airmanwilliams

nope niether dash is mine they are both ones I saw on ebay. Im really debating on getting the later dash and putting it in, I like it alot more than the earlier ones.