Samurai Engine swaps are easy :)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
With the help of doughboy, a little help from stub boy and the ever watchful carpenter eyes of Wanker Delux and XJC we got this thing done.

pulled both motors out of the DD and the Buggy and proceeded to put the buggy motor in the DD and the DD motor in the tub of the Buggy for future boat anchor action :) . We got all this done in about 6 hours with one break to go for parts. anyway it was a good saturday trying to scare away those silly emissions demons by a motor swap. ever since sand mountain, 6K all day and night for 3 days, the motor was in need of replacement.

Thanks to everyone that helped mostly the thanks goes to doughboy for his ever wise hands that I had to learn to trust pretty quick with all those damned vacuum lines :)

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Hey, I wrenched a little on that. The inspection plate and the mounts on the buggy. Then I had to make sure xjc's in-laws didn't screw up his new porch. ;)

Oh, and I did an nasal analisis of you exaust fumes :p

Last edited:

xjc

I give up :(
Hey spence, no pics? I have to say it was pretty darn impressive. When you pulled into the garage I figured you would be there for three weeks on this project. To do two extractions and an installation in like four hours is unbelieveable.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
well the kicker is that something is wrong with the number 4 cylinder and it was not firing. it has spark and some compression but no fire. I can pull the plug wire and it makes no diff on the engine. I pulled the plug and connected the wire and set it on the manifold and the plug is fine. I didn't have a compression tester so I pulled the head last night. I will probably have the head redone because it is no good right now. emissions were through the roof and performance was crappy. I am not a happy camper. I took a gamble on that engine and lost :( oh well!!