GMC / Chevy SBC Power Steering Pump Tech

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have a customer looking to install power steering on his SBC FJ40 Land Cruiser. I've always left it up to the customer to spec out their own pump/bracket setup on non-Toyota engines, however this customer would like me to track down the needed parts. Here are a couple of pictures of his setup:

SBC_Power_Steering 003 (Medium).jpg

SBC_Power_Steering 004 (Medium).jpg

SBC_Power_Steering 005 (Medium).jpg

Will I need to move his current AC or alternator to a different location? Any suggested bracket sources (ie year, make, model?)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Hrmmmm

That AC is way out in space. Ok. There are stock Chevy brackets that generally put the pump kind of low and tucked in front of the driver's side head... Not sure how they're gonna work with that AC.. but off the top of my head I would guess that it can be made to work without killing yourself.

Donor source? Pre-87 GM trucks and fullsize cars should have stuff you can use. If you don't get to it by then, I'm heading to the yard probably tomorrow, I'll call you. Need to ask a tech question anyway and maybe get a part or 3. ;) If I'm already there, I could probably pull some brackets for ya too.